hurricane jones [22]

word count: 2393

Wyatt was kissing me.

And I was melting into it. I felt fireworks, my heart was so full.

He had his hands on my face, holding me steady. He kissed soft, like I was something delicate.

I like you. It was playing over and over again in my head.

"You look so pretty, Gabe." He kissed my nose. That was comforting. He was kissing me again, softly, taking my hand in his.

"You liked me?"

"Since I met you."

"But you were with Shelley? And you-"

"When? We met in gym, I invited you to the lake party." He laughed, I didn't see it through his eyes. Seeing it through a crush this past year was enough to make me fall further.

"Shell's my friend."

I couldn't believe it.

Wyatt smiled, nibbled on his bottom lip before sliding to sit beside me.

His boots scraped into the fabric rug, pushing it to the side.

His arm clunked mine.

He smiled.

He touched my hand.

"Remember when I asked you to borrow your calculator and then I came by to give it back?"

And I was babysitting, and he had that camera.

He kissed me again. I felt butterflies.

-

"Gabriel?" Dalton smiled. It almost made me feel guilty how excited he looked to see me.

Wyatt's walking behind me, he's buttoning back up his shirt that ended up half off. He was a good kisser, it left my head woozy.

"Hey." I offer, voice low, I didn't remember ever being so mellow.

"Hey." He frowns. "You alright?" He watches behind me, sees Wyatt consulting with Tina and Robbie, he's throwing back a shot and they're cheering. I wonder if he told them.

I know he did when they look over. Tina offers a thumbs up.

"Yeah-yeah, I was just, I was talking with Wyatt." He's walking over, arm over Tina's shoulder. Her solo cup hangs from her finger tips. "Oh, my God, Wyatt, Tina! This is Dalton, my-"

"Friend." He filled in, I was gonna say the same.

"Friend," Wyatt repeated. There was this look on his face, he furrowed his brow, and I could feel his hand on my lower back then. He steadied me with one hand, smiling over at me when I fell into his chest.

"We've met, Gabe." Tina reminds. She doesn't offer much else but a curt nod, I wonder what happened there.

"Nice to see you again." Wyatt offers, he's looking at me.

"Likewise." I can feel the heat radiating from Dalton. He's bumping my shoulder with his. "You ready to go?"

"Oh yeah." I remember how adamant I was on leaving before midnight. "I had fun Wy."

"You're leaving?"

"Yeah, I have a research paper for AP Lit due Wednesday, so I have to get up early."

Wyatt giggles.

They all do, I only see him. He nods. "Okay."

"I'll see you on Monday, though?"