36. It seemed so real

Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.
***********************

She sat on the bench, where there were beautiful flowers surrounding her. She closed her eyes and inhaled the delicious fragnance, which brought some kind of peace to her mind. Since childhood, she has loved the flowers and watering them. Like they say, children inherit some habits from their parents; maybe she also got them from her parents.

That beautiful place was making her feel different. She was feeling as if her worries were over. She felt free from everything. This place was giving her the peace she always wanted. She always craved her.

There were no worries, no pain, no tension...... only peace.

Why didn't she ever find this peace before?

She inhaled the fragrance again, keeping every thought aside.

She was scared that she might lose this peace if she didn't stop thinking about her problems.

She was scared that if she opened her eyes, reality would slap her.

She wanted to keep that peace with her forever. Peace is not something to keep in our hands, but the person who goes through the disasters of his life and finds peace wishes to have that peace himself forever.

She was startled when she felt a hand on her shoulder.

She slowly opened her eyes, looked at the person, and was shocked to see the person standing in front of her.

"Mom," she immediately got up and hugged her tight.

"Mom, where were you and dad? Why did you leave me alone?" She asked, still hugging her tight.

Her mom stroked her hair, kissing her forehead.

"Mom, I missed you so much. You know how sad I was? I thought I would not see you again. I was very angry at you both," she started complaining to her mom like a small child.

"Are you still angry at us?" A manly voice came. 

She furrowed her brows breaking the hug and she looked behind her mom.

Her eyes shined with happiness.

"Dad!!!" She ran and hugged him.

"How are you, my darling daughter?" He asked, tightening his hands around her.

"I was not fine, but now I am fine," she said as tears flowed from her eyes.

"Dad, you both are alive. You know, Reema mom, Neil, and many others were saying that you would not come back, but they were all wrong. See, you both are in front of me. They were all lying to me. Dad, I miss you so much. I was always waiting for you both. I knew that you would come back one day," she said, remembering the hurt she was feeling when people used to tell her that her parents were dead and would never come back.

"Why did you leave me alone? I was feeling so lonely. Everyday I was waiting for you," she said, sobbing on her dad's chest, remembering how she was sitting outside the house looking at the main gate with the hope in her heart that her parents would come back to her and hug her, saying sorry for leaving her alone. But that hope would always be crushed every night when they did not return. She knew maybe they wouldn't come, but how would she have told that small heart of her that her parents would not return?

"We are sorry, baby," her mom apologised, and she made her sit on the bench.

"I will not allow you to leave me again," Niya said, keeping her head on her mother's lap and holding her dad's hand.

They smiled, looking at her.

"We never left you, my baby. We were always with you," her dad said, kissing her knuckles.