39. She is a Gem

"Niya! Niya!" Niya was setting the clothes in her room when she heard him calling her.

This man only knows to shout and give orders. One day he will make me deaf.

"Yes," she said going to the door of his room. She never entered his room since he shouted at her for entering it. The cleaning of that was done by Cynthia.

"Where is my yellow file?" He asked as he was searching it everywhere.
"Why are you standing there? Come and search it for me."

"I saw your file on the dining table," she said.

"You should have told me before," he said, irritated.

"Did you ask me before?" she asked, stubbornly.

He sighed, rolling his eyes, and went towards the table and took that file.

"Today I will be late so don't wait for me to have dinner. I will have dinner with my clients," he informed me and took the key to the car and went.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"You know? I had a lot of crushes in college but all were seniors. I even dreamed of marrying them, but I didn't even get one of them," Cynthia said, chuckling. "You know, one day I punctured the tire of the bike of one of my crushes, because he proposed to the girl in front of all the students."

It was evening, and both Niya and Cynthia were having tea in the garden. She was telling her about her college stories.

She is really funny. You would never get bored with her company.

"Did he get to know that you punctured his bike?" Niya asked, interested in knowing what happened next.

"Idiot, how would he know? No one saw me while doing that," Cynthia said, winking at Niya. "By the way, you didn't tell me about your crushes?"

"I didn't have a crush on anyone," Niya said, looking everywhere but her.

It's funny to tell her that I had a crush on my Geography professor.

"Then boyfriend?" She asked, curiously.

"No, I didn't have a boyfriend during college time," Niya replied.

"Niya, please don't lie. I know everyone had crushes at least once," she whined like a child. "Please tell, please.. please, Niya. Please," she started forcing her.

Niya sighed in defeat. She knew she would not let her live in peace, she would make her rest in peace until she told her the truth.

"Okay, I am telling," Niya said, taking a long breath. "I had a crush on my Geography professor," she said looking everywhere but her.

Cynthia started laughing loudly. "Seri-seriously Ni-Niya, you got an old man to crush on?" She asked between her laughs.

"He was not an old man, Cynthia. He was in his twenties. One day I got him on social media and got to know he had a girlfriend. But I must say he was so good-looking. His those dark eyebrows. Oh my God, he was so hot," Niya said, dreamily.

"Hot more than Aryan?" Cynthia asked looking straight into her eyes. "Was he good-looking more than Aryan?"

"What no-nonsense, Cynthia? Here we are talking about our crushes, not about Aryan."

"But I am asking you about Aryan now,"

"Cynthia, I think you should go now. Otherwise, you will get late," Niya said and got up.

"Trying to ignore my question?" Niya heard her saying.

She took the mugs and went inside but Cynthia was just running behind her asking the same thing.