01- ɴᴏᴛ ᴄᴜᴛᴇ

 𝘍𝘙𝘌𝘌 𝘊𝘖𝘍𝘍𝘌𝘌 that's the only motivation that made Freddy get out of her comfy bed and get ready for school. Her white tee and faded black jeans with a flannel made her look very Lucas Danes. 

The teen took her bag stuffing it with her school books and her journal before anyone in the Gilmore household could even notice her absence she was gone sprinting her way to the only place in Stars Hollow which made her feel remotely comfortable. 

"Good morning Lucas!" she chimed her voice soft and low afraid to annoy the customers who were groggily sipping their coffee and trying to survive the morning.

"Morning fred bean. On time as always." Luke greeted the teen who he had grown closer to in the past many years.

 Her love for coco and chocolate made him name her Bean he had no idea why but Luke thought it suited the quiet girl. Luke had got official permission from Freddy to call her Fred Bean when she was eight. 

 And Luke had officially given her permission to call him Lucas, it annoyed him to hear the name but knowing that it made the teen happy, he didn't argue. 

Freddy wore the red apron and started to take orders. Freddy liked to spend time in the diner, she started to help around the diner when she was ten and officially took the job at fourteen to buy everyone Christmas presents. 

"Good morning mother and sister dearest. The usual I hope?" Freddy rose her eyebrows at the two ready to write the order she knew by heart. 

Unfortunately for her, she didn't have a fast metabolism like her mom and twin, so she wasn't one to eat unhealthily and stay fit as if she drinks magic water.

"You know us too well Freddy," Lorelai said thanking her youngest ready to annoy the hell out of the diner owner. 

She filled the coffee cups of the two greeting Lane who was busy talking to Rory afraid that her mother would catch her again. Freddy smiled at the two and began to fill her cup of coffee taking a break to have her own breakfast. 

"Freddy bell jar or Carrie?" Rory turned to her sister holding two books in the air urgency and anxiousness written on her face.

 It was their tradition each time on the first day of school Rory would pick out two books for Freddy to read and Freddy would do the same, the two would annotate for each other writing down their thoughts. 

Freddy took the book Carrie from her sister's grasp and passed Rory the Outsiders. The whole day Freddy had spent annotating the book for sister, writing down her thoughts. 

"Okay bye, I love you two." Rory kissed the pair goodbye sprinting out to catch her bus. Freddy smiled stuffing the book inside her bag and taking out her journal to write down the thoughts running in her mind. 

"She is going to go crazy at this point," Freddy muttered to her mother who snorted and nudge her in the shoulder. "Oh crazy is written in our genes," Lorolai said wrapping her arm around Freddy. 

Freddy went back to her small bubble writing frantically in her journal as new ideas pooped inside her mind. She snapped her head when Taylor and Luke started to argue, a typical morning. 

The boy scouts looked at her with weary gazes as she took a chocolate donut for herself. "I work here," she explained chewing on the unhealthy delight. "Do you have a sister?" Luke asked Freddy immediately shot her hand up. 

"You." Luke pointed at the scout and then at her "Have my sympathies." Freddy wiped fake tears blowing her nose in a tissue and muttering a small but very dramatic thank you.

Lorelai laughed at her daughter's dramatics. Freddy went back to her job cleaning up the tables and refilling the cups of coffee. "He is a kid, must have got involved in some kid stuff," Luke said. 

"Kid who?" Freddy asked curious about the conversation her mother and Luke were having. "Luke has a nephew and he is coming to live here in Stars Hollow." Freddy nodded a small smile forming on her lips. 

"Is he cute?" she asked teasing the already frustrated Luke who stared at her, "He is not cute, he is 17." Freddy snorted removing her apron and picking up her bag. 

"Okay bye bye my bosses see you later!" Freddy said making her way to Stars Hollow High the place she dreaded the most. 

"Frey Frey! Guess what I did this morning?!" the voice of Ray Jones filled Freddy's ears a smile forming on her lips thankful for her best friend. 

"Don't tell me you got high." Freddy humored the blond in front of her who was defeated at her reply. "No. But! I managed not to slip inside the tub and not smoke!" The two girls cheered hugging each other excitedly. 

Ray had formed a bad habit of smoking in her freshman year, when Freddy found out she tried to help the girl stop smoking. And for Freddy, her happiness lay in her best friend. 

"I am so happy for you Ray! Now that's the spirit!" Freddy encouraged the girl linking their arms together the two best friends walked to their homeroom. "Oh, do you know Luke has a Nephew?"

Ray gasp excitedly at the news looking at the brunette with wide eyes. "Luke has a nephew?!" she asked bewildered. Freddy chuckled filling her best friend with all the details. 

"I bet he is hot," Ray said a smirk on her face. Freddy shook her head "You don't even know that guy Ray." Ray shook her head at her best friend's views. "You know me Frey Frey I know it. Ten dollars he is going to be a hot mysterious bad boy." 

Freddy snorted as she shook hands with her best friend. "What are you girls talking about?" asked the voice of David, boyfriend of Ray who Freddy had grown to like. 

"Nothing that worries you darling. Now let's go we are getting late." Ray said pecking the lips of her boyfriend and moving to their homeroom. 

One thing she knew well enough when you are with Ray everything didn't matter anymore. 

Because Ray made her loved and happy. 

She made her feel okay. 

And that's why she survived school. 

Courtesy of Ray Jones.