13- A friend indeed

LORELAI had kept Freddy under her watch like a hawk

LORELAI had kept Freddy under her watch like a hawk. After gaining the knowledge that her little girl forgot to eat and due to extreme stress and low blood sugar she fainted.

Christopher was sorry blaming himself for her daughter's condition. And now Freddy was being fed a huge bowl of waffles for breakfast and she wasn't even hungry.

She had forgotten to eat yesterday because she was running late for school and work. But no her mother wouldn't listen to a thing and now she was surrounded by everyone in her family who watched her like a dog on a leash.

Later that day Freddy found some almost alone time as she stood outside Luke's apartment waiting for Jess. "Come on Jess you promised you would be my escort. Now you need to learn the ballroom dance!" Freddy said banging her head slightly on the door.

Jess from the other side of the room chuckled and put on his jacket opening the door. "Stop complaining weasel and let's go." Freddy rolled her eyes at the nickname. It became Jess's habit to give Freddy a new name each day after learning how much she adored when people gave her nicknames.

"Now get ready for Miss Patty's dance lesson she gets extremely strict," Freddy warned remembering how dangerous Miss Party actually is.

"Oh, there you two are now come on take your positions." Miss Patty ordered as smoked her cigar. Freddy smiled towards Dean and Rory who seemed to be enjoying their time.

"Okay okay, stop stop stop. Now remember, one of the most important things in ballroom dancing is to remember to spot, otherwise, you're gonna get dizzy." Jess chuckled at Miss Patty's words he kept one of his hands on Freddy's waist.

"So, what you wanna do is pick out something to focus on. I usually like to find a lonely seaman. Then when turning, whip your head around and find your spot again" As if the world was on fire Freddy's whole body screamed in urgency with her ears, cheeks, and neck going red.

She hesitantly kept her hand on Jess's shoulder avoiding any eye contact. The two started to dance as Miss Party guided them. Freddy giggled every time the two messed up their steps.

"Do not step on my shoes," Jess said looking into her pretty chocolate brown eyes. "I wouldn't dream of doing it Jess." she teased keeping her foot on his shoes and then giving him a surprised face as he grumbled in pain.

"Oops- sorry Jess." she teased, Christopher and Lorelai who had joined the five stared at the pair with a smile. "They remind me of us when we were younger," Christopher said, Lorelai sighed rubbing her arms together. "That is the reason I am worried about her Chris."

The two didn't notice the pair staring at them and continued making a mess of the ballroom dancing in any way they wished. Freddy laughed when Jess started to twirl her around.
Jess enjoyed her laugh this time he didn't know how he wasn't distracted by Rory. But he felt relief that he wasn't.

"Ah! Stop stop Jess I am going to be dizzy and possibly break my ankle." Freddy shrieked followed by her giggly laughter.

"Well that's good I will get to push you in a wheelchair all around the town, and then dump you in the lake," Jess said and continued twirling her around. Freddy shrieked trying to control her laughter she failed.

"Okay, that's enough!" Lorelai said smiling, Jess immediately stopped holding Freddy's waist in case she dropped on the floor. "Ah! thank you Mother you are the savior." Freddy flashed a tried smile and closed her eyes trying to regain her sense.

"I am seeing stars but they ain't shining," Freddy mumbled her breath and Jess snorted taking her words in a way he shouldn't have.

"You kids should learn from us," Christopher said as he led Lorelai to the dance floor. "Madam may I have this dance?" he asked the four teenagers watched in amazement as the two adults showed their dancing skills.

"Holy shit." was the only thing Freddy could muster that night. "Holy shit indeed sweets," Jess muttered watching in awe as the two adults danced around. Freddy blushed at the nickname making a mental note to ask about it later.

"AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Jess asked surprised as he watched the brunette he had grown closer to paint her toenails. "You shouldn't be surprised about my presence here. You should have learned that by now. This is my second home." Freddy remarked.

"I don't see you making this place a home but rather a mess." Jess retorted snickering when the pillow that Freddy had thrown at him missed him and instead hit the door behind him. "Don't say that duck boy the bathing soap that you looovvvvveeee to use is mine. I can smell my soap from miles away."

Jess's cheeks burned red as he tried to argue that it wasn't true but he knew that Freddy was true and there was no turning back. He found himself sitting on the couch beside her watching as she painted her nails in pretty purple.

He admired the color for a while. "You want me to paint yours? I have black." Freddy asked holding up two bottles of black nail paint with a mischievous smile. "Nope, thanks. Nail paints are for losers whose name starts with an F," Jess says as he moves away from her his hands in the air.

Freddy only giggles, "You are being a misogynist, careful this world hates them. And in this world, the girl with the name starting with an F tends to paint their nails bright pink."

Jess only laughed and moved towards the door "Well then this misogynist would like to tell that girl that if that really happens she would have to find a new escort." and with that, he shut the door.

With wide eyes, Freddy abandonded the paint and opened the door going downstairs just in time to catch Jess. "I hope you really don't mean that!" she shouts not caring about the customers starting at her.

"Keep thinking sweets and if you do test the theory out you might get answers," Jess said and closed the door of the diner walking away somewhere.

Freddy laughed her face burning red at the name. "You are making me regret not kissing you, Mariano," she mumbles watching as his figure walks away.

A/N,

Hey there! here goes my little treat to you all!

Hope everyone is doing well!

love,

ly