Chapter XIII. Unfinished business.

Playlist: 

things - Maggie Lindemann 

couple of kids - Maggie Lindemann

compass - the neighborhood

more than enough - Alina Baraz

Tom woke up the next day with a smile on his face, feeling excited for the evening ahead. He had received a text from April late last night, saying that she would love to join him for dinner and inviting him and Bill to her show later that night. He quickly got out of bed and texted her back, telling her how much he was looking forward to it.

As he waited for a reply, Tom thought about the last time he saw April perform. It was at a small club in New York, just before they broke up. He remembered how much he loved watching her on stage, the way she moved and sang with so much passion and energy. He couldn't wait to see her perform again.

After a few minutes, April replied and told him to meet her at the hotel bar by the pool at 6 pm. Tom immediately called Bill and told him the good news.

"April's invited us to her show tonight!" he exclaimed. "And we're meeting her for drinks by the pool beforehand."

"That sounds great!" Bill replied. "I can't wait to see her perform again."

As Tom hung up the phone, he felt a twinge of nervousness. He hadn't seen April in years, and he wasn't sure what to expect. But he pushed the thought aside and got ready for the day ahead.

At 6 pm, Tom and Bill arrived at the hotel bar and saw April sitting at a table by the pool, sipping on a drink. She looked even more beautiful than he remembered, with her hair cascading down her back in loose waves and a stunning blue dress that hugged her curves.

"Hey, guys!" April exclaimed as they approached. "It's so good to see you!"

They hugged and sat down at the table, ordering drinks and catching up on old times. April told them about her latest tour and the new songs she had been working on, while Tom and Bill talked about their own music projects.

As they chatted, Tom couldn't help but feel a sense of longing for April. He had never fully gotten over her, even after all these years. But he pushed the thought aside and focused on enjoying the moment.

After a while, they finished their drinks and headed to the concert venue. The show was amazing, with April performing all her hits and some new songs as well. Tom and Bill were both blown away by her talent and energy on stage, and they cheered and danced along with the crowd.

After the show, April came down to meet them, looking tired but happy.

"That was incredible," Tom said, giving her a hug.

"Thank you," April replied, smiling. "I'm so glad you guys came."

They walked out of the venue together, and April turned to Tom.

"Hey, do you want to come back to my hotel for a nightcap?" she asked.

Tom felt a flutter of excitement in his chest. He had been hoping to spend more time with April, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.

"Sure, I'd love to," he said, grinning.

As they walked back to her hotel, Tom felt a sense of deja vu. It was like they were back in their old relationship, sneaking around and stealing moments together.