Chapter XX. Why don't you come on over Valerie?

It had been a few weeks since Tom's public announcement about his split with Heidi, and the news had caused quite a stir in the media. April, however, had chosen to keep a low profile, focusing on her own well-being and healing from the past. She had distanced herself from the noise and distractions, finding solace in her New York apartment.

Valerie, April's loyal and supportive best friend, had decided to fly out and spend some quality time with her. As Valerie settled into the cozy living room, sipping on a cup of tea, April joined her with a faint smile on her face.

"I'm so glad you're here, Val," April said, her voice filled with warmth and gratitude. "It's been a whirlwind of emotions, but having you by my side brings me so much comfort."

Valerie nodded, her eyes filled with empathy. "I know it hasn't been easy for you, April. But remember, you're stronger than you think. You've already come so far in finding your own peace and happiness."

April sighed, her fingers tracing the rim of her tea cup. "I've been reflecting a lot, Val. These past weeks have been a time of self-discovery and growth. I've realized that I need to prioritize my own well-being above everything else."

Valerie leaned forward, her voice gentle but firm. "And that includes taking care of your heart, April. If Tom wants to reach out, it's important to assess whether it's for genuine reasons or if it's just stirring up old wounds. You deserve someone who respects and cherishes you."

April nodded, her gaze fixed on a flickering candle nearby. "You're right, Val. I can't let past hurts cloud my judgment. I need to stay true to myself and guard my heart. If Tom truly wants to make amends, he'll have to prove it through consistent actions, not just empty words."

Valerie placed a reassuring hand on April's shoulder. "Exactly, my dear. You've grown so much since the last time you were with him. You've found your own strength and independence. Don't let anyone take that away from you."

April mustered a smile, a glimmer of determination in her eyes. "Thank you, Val. Your unwavering support means the world to me. I'm grateful to have you as my rock through all of this."

Over the next few days, April and Valerie spent quality time together, exploring the vibrant streets of New York, indulging in delicious meals, and engaging in deep conversations that uplifted their spirits. They laughed, cried, and shared their dreams for the future.

In the midst of their bonding moments, April found solace in the creative process. She poured her emotions into her music, writing heartfelt lyrics and melodies that resonated with her experiences. Music became her refuge, allowing her to express her innermost feelings and find catharsis in every note.

And as Valerie stood beside her, a pillar of unwavering support, April knew that she was not alone in this journey. With each passing day, she became more determined to embrace her newfound strength

--

April stepped out of the recording booth, her voice still reverberating with emotion from the heartfelt song she had just poured her soul into. She looked at Valerie, a spark of excitement in her eyes.

"Val, you've been here with me through thick and thin," April said, her voice filled with gratitude. "I couldn't have asked for a better friend. How about we celebrate tonight? Let's go out and dance our hearts out, just like old times."

Valerie's face lit up with a wide smile. "Oh, April, you read my mind! It's been so long since we've had a night out together. I'm all in!"

The two friends giggled like schoolgirls as they planned their night. They reminisced about their wild adventures in the past, the spontaneous dancing, and the unforgettable memories they had shared.