Chapter XVII. Consequences.

Playlist:
people you know - selena gomez
consequences - camila cabello
in the dark - camila cabello
real friends camila cabello

April's fingers paused on the keyboard as she glanced at her phone, curious about the flurry of notifications. With a mix of intrigue and trepidation, she opened the messages from her manager, urging her to watch an interview featuring her ex-boyfriend, Tom.

Curiosity piqued, April set aside her work for a moment and searched for the interview online. She found the video and clicked play, her heart racing in anticipation. As the familiar faces of the band appeared on the screen, she couldn't help but feel a knot form in her stomach, bracing herself for what was to come.

The interview started off on a lighthearted note, with the host asking about the band's recent projects. Bill, Gustav, and Georg responded with enthusiasm, sharing anecdotes and insights into their music. It was evident that they were passionate about their craft and deeply connected as a band.

However, when the host broached the subject of Tom's past relationship with April, a shift in the atmosphere became palpable. Tom's demeanor turned icy, his eyes hardened, and his tone grew sharp. The air in the room seemed to thicken, leaving a sense of discomfort hanging in the air.

As the host asked about their breakup and his new fling, Tom's responses were curt and dismissive. He portrayed their relationship as insignificant, trivializing the emotions and experiences they had shared. His words dripped with bitterness, leaving a bitter taste in April's mouth as she watched the screen.

April's heart sank, feeling a mixture of hurt and disbelief. "This fucking bitch." April whispered to herself.

The memories they had created together, the highs and lows they had experienced as a couple, were now reduced to nothing more than a footnote in Tom's narrative. It was clear that he had chosen to rewrite their history, painting a distorted picture that suited his own agenda.

With each passing moment of the interview, April's disappointment grew. The warmth and affection they had once shared were replaced by a callousness she had never seen before. The person she had known and loved seemed like a stranger, someone unrecognizable and detached.

As the interview continued, April wrestled with conflicting emotions. She felt anger at Tom's attempts to invalidate their past, but she also felt a profound sadness for the person he had become. It was a stark reminder that people change, and sometimes, they change in ways that are difficult to reconcile with the memories of who they once were.

Closing her phone, April stormed out of the studio, her frustration boiling over. She pulled out her phone and dialed her manager's number, her voice trembling with anger as she recounted the events of the interview.

"What the actual fuck was that? Did you see how Tom acted? It's like he conveniently forgot all the pain he caused, like he never cheated on me, this fucking narcissist, I genuinely can't believe the shit he's saying." April vented, her voice filled with raw emotion.

Her manager listened attentively, allowing her to release her pent-up frustration. After a brief pause, her manager responded with a calm and understanding tone. "April, I completely understand how you feel. It was disappointing and hurtful to witness Tom's behavior in the interview. But remember, people often try to rewrite their own narrative when confronted with uncomfortable truths."

April sighed, her anger slowly subsiding as her manager's words sank in. "I know, I know. It just infuriates me how he can act like nothing happened, like he's the victim yet makes me out to be the one with fucking issues. I'm tired of being painted as the villain in his story."