Chapter 41

Imaan sat at the kitchen table, staring at the blank piece of paper in front of her. She never thought she would be in this type of situation, trying to escape. She has always been a good girl, always hoped for the best for everyone, caused no harm to anyone and yet she has to suffer like this.

'Mama told me to be good and do good to others and that good things will come back to me...but she lied, I've always good but why I'm still suffering? When will the good things happen to me? I can't keep living like this, how can I live happily with someone who hurts me?'

Wahid had a terrible temper, and he would fly into a rage whenever she talks about leaving, even temporarily.

The scar from the previous abuse hadn't been faded and yet new ones were piling up.

Imaan knew that she couldn't keep living like this. She needed to escape Wahid's grip and start a new life for herself. But she also knew that it wouldn't be easy. Wahid had made it clear that he wouldn't let her go without a fight.

She desperately want to seek her family for help, but she's afraid they would do more harm then help, what if her father inform Wahid?

It is more likely for him to scold her and inform Wahid then to help her get away from this hell.

She wishes her brothers would help her, but that's even more unlikely, her closet brother won't support her then who else would?

Then again she called Noora as her last resort, but all her calls directly went unattended. She initially thought she was busy with her studies but her recent instagram posts proved her wrong.

Noora was deliberately avoiding her.

Imaan has always pampered and spoiled Noora as she lost her mother in a young age. She acted as a mother to her and always thought that no matter what happens, her dear sister will stand by her side but reality was harsh.

She initially only pleaded for a mobile so she can keep contact with her sister but after the first call she made, Noora had never contacted her again.

'It seems like she's having the best time of her life without me' Imaan thought bitterly as she was scrolling down on Noora's instagram.

Taking a deep breath, Imaan reached for her pen and began writing. She wrote about her dreams, her hopes, and her fears. She wrote about the life she wanted to live, and the life she was living, under Wahid's control.

As she wrote, a plan began to take shape. She would need money, a place to stay, and a way to leave without being caught by Wahid. It wasn't going to be easy, but Imaan was determined to make it work.

She spent the next few week gathering information, researching apartments, and saving money. Every spare moment she had, she would write down her plans and come up with ways to make them work, she also made sure to hide her plans away from Wahid. She meticulously avoided arousing his suspicion. The two weeks she spent planning was tough, she couldn't tolerate him acting like nothing had happened, Wahid had gone back to his usual behaviour and tried to be affectionate with her,

He gave her expensive gifts ranging from limited edition jewelries to dolls but Imaan was unmoved.

Whenever he sees her being distant, he would get angry and force her to speak and even tried to control her from running into the bathroom whenever she wanted to cry.

Although Imaan want to push him away, she tolerated him for 7 whole days, knowing that one day she'll escape.

Finally, the day arrived.

Imaan had rented a cheap apartment in a far town and had gathered enough money to last her a few months.

The wedding money she recieved from her relatives and the vague allowance Wahid gave her was finally being used,

She had packed a bag with her most essential belongings and was ready to make her escape.

She waited until Wahid was at work before slipping out of the house and walked a long distance to the taxi stand. She has never done something like this before and was scared to the core, but she was also excited at the same time.

Imaan felt a sense of relief wash over her as the driver drove away, knowing that she was finally free.

But it didn't take long before she realized that Wahid wasn't going to let her go without a fight.

As she approached the town limits, she saw Wahid's car in her side mirror.

He was following her.

Panic set in as she realized that he had somehow figured out what she was planning to do. He honked and flashed his lights, trying to get the driver to pull over.

"PLEASE, DON'T STOP!" Imaan yelled as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Seeing her pitiful appearance, the driver who was about to stop, sped up.

Imaan's mind raced as she tried to come up with a plan. She couldn't let Wahid catch up to her, or she would be trapped once again.

The driver took a sharp turn onto a side road, hoping to lose him. But Wahid was a skilled driver, and he wasn't going to let her get away that easily.

Her heart pounding, she asked the driver to drive faster, trying to keep ahead of Wahid's car. But he was closing in, and she knew she couldn't outrun him forever.

In a moment of desperation, Imaan asked him to pull into the near gas station and jumped out of the car after gingerly paying him, She ran into the convenience store, hoping to find a place to hide.

She tried to catch her breath as she looked frantically around the store, searching for a way out. Then she saw the fire exit, and without a second thought, she ran towards it.

Pushing the door open, she found herself in a back alley with no idea where to go next. She heard Wahid's car screech to a stop, and she knew that she didn't have much time.

Imaan's legs felt heavy as she ran down the alley, hoping to find a way out. She was almost at the end when she felt a hand grab her arm, pulling her back.

It was a strange man with blue hair and dimples on his face.

"Are you alright, Mam?" The man asked with a smile on his face hoping to calm the frightened woman.

"Sir, you need to let me go, NOW!"

Imaan hurriedly rescued her hand from his and tried to run away when Wahid suddenly entered into the alleyway.

"Imaan!"