Chapter 3

As Imaan climbed into her future father-in-law's SUV she couldn't help but feel scared, she was never alone with a man who is not her father or brother, she fidgeted in her seat constantly not feeling comfortable even when she had known him since a very young age granted they even spoke rarely.

It's a typical feeling for a Muslim girl.

All she wanted to do was to get out and run back to the safety of her bedsheets but she couldn't due to two main reasons,

1.Her father's words.

2.She knows she can never do that.

Razzak drove to a fancy restaurant a little far away from Imaan's house and near Wahid's company.

he sighed remembering how hard it was to persuade his son to agree to this date but smirked remembering the plan he made along with Tahir.

They both wanted Imaan and Wahid to date a little before marriage but either way, they are getting married but knowing that neither of them will agree they planned a fatherly date and leaving them to be alone while he flew from the place.

The plan was perfect.

Razzak felt overly excited like a young man again it's been a long since he had done something like this.

Glancing at his daughter-in-law through the mirror he cannot help but feel proud.

He knows she'll be the perfect wife for his son and daughter-in-law for him

And the bonus?

He'll have beautiful grandchildren just like he always wished for!

Wahid was of course a very handsome man with blonde hair just like him during his younger years.

These days blonde with blue eyes along with an athletic body was all that many girls desired he thought.

But Imaan was not many girls,

She never even liked boys or men

She was never attracted to them and never will be,

Or so she thought but deep inside she had a strong attraction to Wahid.

Muslim girls are not allowed to stare at Men that are non-mahram for fear of getting attracted to them which is a sin,

A very bad sin.

But how can she help herself when he practically forced her to see his handsome every day in school?

When she got bullied by his words she looked at him or more like stared at him holding her tears because her mother once said,

"When you are sad look at pretty things because pretty things make us happy"

She listened to her mother's advice for years until two years after her puberty she began to feel things for him that she shouldn't.

As Imaan was lost in her thoughts the car suddenly stopped at a fancy restaurant named 'La Petite Maison'

The price of the salad must be equal to the price of her whole dress and Burkah combined she thought It doesn't mean that her dress is cheap,

It means that the restaurant is a french restaurant.

No offence to the French

Razzak opened the door for his daughter-in-law and gave her space to step out.

Imaan stepped out holding her Burkah down tightly still uncomfortable with him.

She looked at the sky and immediately regretted wearing a light Burkah.

Feeling cold even though she liked cold but, not at this moment.

She sighed and followed Razzak's back inside quietly and they sat at their reserved seat waiting for Wahid. Razzak felt that the silence was very awkward but Imaan is glad that he isn't making any conversation because frankly, he isn't her favourite person at the moment along with his son.

But unfortunately for Imaan,

"How're studies going?" Razzak asked casually even though he already knew everything about her.

Imaan's peace of mind was disturbed.

She really doesn't want to talk but it'd not like she have any choice so she shrugged and replied,

"It's going nice Father Alhamdhulillah"

"And how's Noora and your brothers doing? I heard Ameer was smitten by a girl...is it true?" Razzak tried again hoping that she'll not give a short answer like before, after all, he has to have this awkward conversation till his son arrived.

Imaan looked at him awkwardly she herself doesn't know a lot about Ameer getting smitten, 'he wants to marry her' that's what Noora had told her but she doesn't know what Razzak was expecting her to answer so she decided to answer honestly.

"They are all fine father by God's grace and about Ameer...I don't know if it's true it can all be rumours for all that I know" Imaan answered with a smile faker than his son's promise but Razzak didn't notice that of course as he was just glad that she replied.

"Oh! I see I thought you two were close" Razzak said absent minded glancing at the door expecting his son's presence.

Imaan used his lack of attention to roll her almond eyes.

She and Ameer was anything but close, even Aarav and she has decent conversations from time to time sometimes those conversations made her laugh like crazy.

But with Ameer,

He always spoke with her like her father and it was not helping that he exactly looked like her father too but she loved him nevertheless.

"Yeah" Imaan said through gritted teeth biting her lips absentmindedly
It was a habit she got from her mother which she doesn't even notice, yeah she definitely didn't.

Razzak sighed loudly finally getting tired of his son's lateness and her short answers so he half-heartedly decided to take matters into his own hands and came straight to the point,

"I know you don't like my son" Razzak stated the well-known fact.

Imaan looked at him amused, everyone was not only making decisions for her now they seems to have a say in her feelings too.

She didn't hate Wahid she actually liked him a little bit, but he hates her and that's her problem.

"No father I don't, He is a very nice man and helps many people as far as I know so why would I hate him?" Imaan asked curiously.

She could have flat-out say that she's not a big fan of his son but she didn't want to speak badly of Wahid to his own father, so she decided to not tell him of his son's bullying actions from her past.

Razzak was surprised and it was evident on his face but soon it changed into a look of relief and he felt proud too, many women desired Wahid's looks and riches but his daughter-in-law only liked him because he was a good man but he still had a hint of doubt.

"Are you sure?" He asked doubtfully

This innocent question has two different meanings.

Now it was Imaan's turn to be surprised because he was asking her permission by asking if she liked his son

It was her chance she thought and told the truth once again along with a question.

"I'm sure, father, but would you ask this question to your son?" She asked bravely.