Chapter 42

Noticing Wahid's angry temper the man grabbed Imaan's hand again and stood beside her in a protective manner.

Imaan tried to take her hand away, "Let go!"

"Mam, i don't think you can outrun him" The man said with a composed attitude.

Imaan stopped struggling and analysed the situation before meekly hiding behind the man, scared out of her wits.

Wahid stopped right before them, staring at the mysterious man with a scowl.

"Who are you?" Wahid said, his voice laced with venom.

"I'm just a passerby," the man responded calmly, his eyes never leaving Wahid's.

Wahid sneered at the stranger's response, annoyed by the man's laid-back attitude. "You better stay out of this if you know what's good for you. This is none of your business."

The blue-haired man raised an eyebrow, "Actually, it kind of is now, isn't it? This woman is clearly afraid of you."

"She's my wife," Wahid snarled, grabbing Imaan roughly by the arm. "And she's coming back home with me, where she belongs."

Imaan tried to pull away from Wahid's grip, fear etched on her face. She looked at the blue-haired man with pleading eyes, silently begging for his help.

She didn't even want to think about what will happen when she returns home with him.

The stranger sighed, "Look, I don't know what's going on between you two, but it's pretty clear that this woman doesn't want to go with you. So, how about you just let her go and leave her alone?"

Wahid clenched his fists tightly, taking a step forward. "Why are you getting involved? I said, this is none of your business!"

The blue-haired man didn't budge, holding his ground. "I'm making it my business."

Suddenly, Wahid lunged at Imaan, attempting to drag her back home with him. But the blue-haired man was quick to act. In a flash, he grabbed Wahid's arm, twisting it behind his back and causing him to wince in pain.

"What the-?" Wahid grunted, trying to free his arm from the stranger's grasp.

"You need to back off," the blue-haired man warned him sternly.

Wahid tried to fight back, but the stranger's grip was too strong. With a frustrated growl, he tried to fight back agaun but was met with a punch to his face.

The stranger without any mercy, threw him to the ground and kicked him all over with force.

Not being able to fight back, Wahid sat back and wiped the blood from his face, seething with anger and lightly groaning with pain.

Imaan stared at the blue-haired man in disbelief, grateful for his help but still unsure of what to do. She had never seen anyone stand up to Wahid before, and she wasn't sure if it was safe for her to be out here with a complete stranger either.

"Are you okay?" the stranger asked, looking at Imaan with concern.

She hesitated for a moment before nodding slowly, "I think so. Thank you."

The man smiled at her, "Don't mention it. Do you need some help getting somewhere safe?"

Imaan looked around nervously, not knowing what to go. She didn't want to go back to Wahid, and was nervous to tell him about her plan.

"I…I don't know where to go," she lied.

The stranger's expression softened, "It's okay. You can come with me, if you'd like."

Imaan looked at him skeptically. Was it wise to trust a complete stranger with blue hair?

'Does he really think I'll go with a complete stranger?'

"I know I seem shady," the man chuckled, "But I promise I'm not here to hurt you. I can take you somewhere safe, and we can figure out what to do next."

Imaan considered her options for a moment, then nodded hesitantly. She didn't really have much of a choice, and she was already too exhausted to run anymore.

"Okay," she said softly, looking up at the blue-haired man with scepticism.

He smiled back at her, "Great. My name is Azaan, by the way."

"I'm Imaan," she replied, not smiling back.

As the two of them walked away, Wahid watched them disappear into the distance, fuming with rage and resentment.

"I'll find you," he muttered under his breath, clenching his fists tightly. "I'll make you regret ever leaving me."

After there were in a safe distance away from Wahid, Imaan stopped and glanced at the Azaan hesitantly,

"Actually, I have a place to go, I didn't say it there because I didn't want him to know," She said, fidgeting with her bag nervously.

"Well, that's great then! Let me drop you off there," Azaan said, he gestured towards his car.

Imaan stared at his extravagant car for a second before replying,

"Um, it's alright, I'll take a taxi, thank you for your help" She said walking away from him.

"Hey, it's not safe around here, this is a very sketchy place, the taxi drivers here are the worst" Azaan said as he tried to stop her.

"Then why are you here?" Imaan asked warily.

"I only come here to meet some friends, they're not the best people but they're my friends, other than that, I have no relation with this place" Azaan sheepishly said, he didn't want to be seen as a suspicious man.

Imaan glanced at her surrounding, noticing many disoriented people around her, she couldn't help but feel mortified.

Considering what he said for a minute, she sighed and walked towards his car like her feet were burning.

She didn't want to stand in that place any longer.

Azaan's cheeks dimpled, and the corners of his eyes wrinkled as he watched Imaan running as if her legs were on fire.

'So scared yet so strong' He thought with a smile on his face.

They both sat in the car, and Imaan nervously tried to make herself comfortable in the back seat. She knows that it's going to be a long ride and didn't want to have any back pain.

If she was riding with her father or brothers, she would have tried to sleep the minute they had hit the road, but since she was riding with a  stranger, She decided to stay wide awake.

Noticing her alertness, Azaan could not help but chuckle, she looked like a deer in headlights sitting inside his car.