6. New Acquaintances

新しい知り合い

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

My nose scrunched up as I picked up the smell of something similar to burnt steak. But the smell was the least of my concerns.

I was out here, falling and falling down a pit that never seems to end. I was screaming my lungs out along with a dozen other panicking yells overlaying mine.

I didn't dare open my eyes to look at what was going on. All I know is that I'd been falling through something for goodness knows how long after that crazy old fortune-teller-lady spaghettified us into her human-eating box.

I bracedly peeked an eye open. First, I looked at my hands and saw they were intact. And then my eyes took in the view of a rainbow-coloured spiraling wormhole, twinkling with millions of stars. What the frickaty frackaty fu- Did I die? Was this my way to heaven?

I glanced below me to see Azuha at the very bottom covering her eyes while twisting and turning. I understood this wasn't a trip to heaven seeing her down there.

Natasha was just above her, feebly attempting to swim her way up. Inara was kicking and swatting the air like that was going to help. The only reasonable one was Zoya, who had resorted to screaming like there's no tomorrow.

The wormhole looked simply beautiful. I would've thought it was the most stunning sight I'd ever seen if I hadn't been falling to my death. Three more seconds passed before I saw an opening at the very bottom of the spiraling wormhole as Azuha, followed by the rest of the girls were swallowed into it.

I tightly shut my eyes again in fear, clutching my heart as I muttered prayers. Forgive me Lord, for I have sinned. Please let me see the gates of heaven. I was a good child of God, I promise.

I felt like a hundred tonne bulldozer was dropped on me as soon as I fell through the opening and onto the ground on my back.
I hadn't even let out a breath when a huge body dropped right on top of mine. I groaned out loud. Did the Mt. Everest just plant itself on me or what.

My mind was hazy and my vision was completely blurry when I attempted to open my eyes. That is until I felt something pointy against my thighs. My eyes immediately shot open and I saw right above me, the starless midnight blue sky past the thick branches of very tall trees. I emphasise the very tallness of the trees once again.

Okay. That was a good sign. I was seeing trees and the night sky. So that probably means I was still on earth.

I attempted to get up but was rooted to my spot on the ground by a body. Who the-

It was then that I noticed an unfamiliar head rise groggily from my chest.

The person- no, the man's fluffy black hair matted his forehead. My eyes connected with his eyes; anthracite shaded in the dim illumination of the moon. His eyes were dazzling, dreamy and vicious. And most of all, awfully familiar, but I couldn't land a finger on it.

Then my eyes ran down to his sumptuous nose and full lips which were slightly parted, and his perfectly sculptured face. I may not know many things, but one thing I knew for sure: This man's majestic.