9. Knight In Rusting Armour

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

[Narrator's POV]

Things couldn't have been more unfortunate for Kaizen and her friends. The moment they landed on a different planet, they were already thieves and were now being chased down by three aliens who were thrice their size. 

Zen had never ran so fast in her life. She felt like she was running a marathon she never signed up for. Her long, wavy ebony hair kept falling into her line of sight. The alien pedestrians weren't shy about expressing their displeasure at the commotion.

Azuha had quite literally collided with a poor alien-woman's meat stall, sending meat flying, and Zen, who was unfortunate enough to be a slower runner than her, received an undeserved barrage of curses and a gooey piece of fresh raw meat as a cherry on top of her head.

Zen didn't know where they were off to; they were running straight ahead, bumping past pedestrians with their hearts thumping rhythmically to match the pace of their fast feet.

The main and only objective they had in mind was to get rid of the buffed up men tailing them like a pack of starving wolves. A few feet ahead of Zen were the rest of the girls except for Reverie, who was way behind Zen herself.

If Zen hadn't been busy running for her life, she would've been chortling at the sight of the raven head running like a duck with its tail on fire.

Inara moaned, "Oh my God! I've always imagined us running through streets of Victorian Era while being chased down by the police! This feels like a moooovieeeeeee! Isn't this so excitin- "

Someone bellowed from a little way ahead Zen's left. For a moment, she thought it was said by the colossal men and was halfway through despair thinking they caught up with the girls this fast, but then she realised it was not them at all.

From one of the buildings on the left came running a very familiar set of people — the seven men and the red-headed Zoya — each of them displaying different types of expressions.

Again, if Zen hadn't been on the run for her life, she would've snorted her nose off at the sight. Seeing them, Zen had instinctively slowed down, the thought of their three alien pursuers temporarily leaving her mind.

Being ahead of Zen, Inara — who was being dragged along like a sling bag by Natasha — Azuha, and the blonde head had failed to notice the frantic group of fellow earthlings and pathetically collided with them. Zen watched as the men and even Zoya tumbled over one another like dominos.

From the tangled mess of limbs erupted groans and grunts and a very nasty string of curse words. "Watch where the fuck y'all are going you lot of cun-"

"Well good to see you too," Natasha said wheezily, the sarcasm in her tone undeniably obvious.

Reverie, who had finally caught up with Zen, panted like a dying whale while holding onto the ebony-head.

"Zoya?" Zen called, feeling relief wash over her after finally seeing the red-head in one piece. Gentlemen or not, Zen didn't exactly trust any of the men.

"They- ther- oh- my God- they're behind us, we need...to keep going." Reverie panted out with extreme difficulty, slurring over words making them sound lile ancient egyptian syllables.

Zen looked behind her nervously and saw the wild men trying to shove past the busy pedestrians, a blazing fire in their eyes. However, they seemed lost as to where the girls were at the moment, which was the only good thing that has occurred to Zen that day.