7. Aliens And Spiders

⤹⋆⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄

The luminous light of the city lying hidden ahead dappled through the trees and reflected in my eyes as I stood there, anxious and muddled. It wasn't just me, everyone kept staring blankly ahead, stumped.

Going ahead towards the alien city definitely meant we were serving ourselves on a golden platter to death. But staying in this ominous forest also definitely meant signing our death contract. So either way, we were going to die. And funnily, death seemed like a fantastic option considering all the other worse things we could go through.

I swallowed hard and looked over at Reverie, who was a tad bit more taller than me. She felt my gaze on her and looked back at me, her brows knitted together in nervousness. She didn't say anything, and that was because her face said it all: 'we're all gonna die'.

On a second note, I was beginning to consider camping right at this part of the forest. That way, we weren't too deep inside an unknown forest and neither were we in the city. But we wouldn't hold out too long. One way or another, we'll have to explore to satisfy our human survival necessities. And it wouldn't take much time for some alien to spot us too.

"So, do we walk in and ask where the nearest space agency is at or. . .? asked Natasha, sounding croaky and irresolute as she broke the silence. Her lips were pursed and eyes were more doe-like than usual, as if pleading for all of this to just be a dream.

Space agency, why didn't I consider that?

Namjoon cleared his throat. "I suppose." He still looked like he was acting against his better judgement. And I knew he too thought we were surely walking straight to death.

I also knew this was
going to be the most stupidest decision we would ever make, but Azuha didn't seem to think so as she said, "Well then, let's get going now." And walked towards the alien city without a care in the world. One of these days, I'd actually become a murderer.

"Azuha, wait up! Don't go!" I called after her. She seriously can't be walking straight in without any defence, or atleast some sort of cover to guarantee our survival. And most of all, without a plan! But she didn't even spare me a glance, and instead beckoned me towards her with her fingers. I wanted to chew off her fingers.

"That dumb blob of algae," grunted Reverie who was closely following behind me as I strode towards the said blob of algae. The rest of the girls had decided to join us as well.

I was about to call out to Azuha again when I noticed her stop dead in the tracks as she stood where she got a clear view of the city, exposing herself too. What a gormless baffoon.

"Azu-"

I was cut off when my jaw dropped on its own as my eyes took in the view infront of me. And it was simply magnificent.

The luminous alien city was stretched infront of us in all its glory. The infrastructure, surprisingly wasn't too different from our own, but at the same time, it was different.

Every building, not too tall and not too short, was made of limestone painted in a dark shade, or perhaps it was because of the darkness of the night. Some were connected to one another, as if it was a cave carved to be a building.

The city was ablaze with the orange-red light of fire placed inside oil lamps that circled every corner of the city, not a single street light. I figured electricity wasn't a thing here. The city was fairly different from what I'd imagined; initially a utopia-like city with humungous buildings and flying cars with frog-like creatures riding them.