Chapter 4 : Tempest (Interlude)

EX04 : Echo Aria - Starry night (Interlude)

Chapter 4 : Tempest

Until the Construct she is holding in her arms is no longer emitting activity signals. Selena lays him down gently, then leaves the room of dead bodies without looking back.

She has to survive.

No matter what happened, she has to survive.

Even if Babylonia has raised its orbital altitude to avoid contact with the space station, there will still be a period of a longitudinal intersection when a comms connection is possible.

If she can find the space station's communications room and input her own signal into the disruptive white noise constantly being emitted by the space station...

Someone is bound to notice her distress signal one day and come to her rescue.

There are still people waiting for her back home. Her parents, her best friend...

She still has a lot of unfinished business. There is no way she can wither and die alone in a place like this

She cannot lose hope. She has to turn in this intelligence report.

From the moment her comrades sacrificed their lives to pave her way forward, her life is no longer hers alone.

She is now a vessel containing the legacy of everyone in the Advance Force.

She walks to the outer part of the space station.

Selena: "Soon..."

The Advance Force passed through this area while exploring deeper into the station, and she vaguely recalls that the communications room is somewhere nearby.

Before her stands a locked automatic door.

This must be one of the important doors of the space station. A very high level of authority is needed to access it.

Selena makes several attempts to crack the code on the lock, an action she has done many times before, but finds that she does not possess sufficient computing power after several attempts.

After confirming she is strong enough to destroy it, Selena swings her weapon at it.

An iron gate slams down with a loud bang and instantly, a broadcast is made throughout the entire space station.

Broadcast : "Korolev would like to issue a gentle reminder to children visiting the space station. Please follow the rules and regulations and listen to your guide."

Selena : "What is... Korolev?"

Broadcast : "Please take care of public facilities-"

Selena is shocked by what she is hearing.

Broadcast : "Children who vandalize and destroy space station facilities will be punished.Serious offenders will be separated from their parents for one week and placed in a correctional facility."

From behind her came the sudden sound of mechanical limbs hitting the ground. The broadcast echoing throughout the space station has an actual source after all.

Selena turns to the source of the sound.

Korolev : "Dear children, we are now demonstrating how the immune system of the human body works - Viruses that enter..."

A giant spherical Corrupted appears behind Selena.

With just a glance, Selena has already ascertained the huge difference in power between her and the enemy.