01 Graffiti Art (Chapter 01)

Construct Soldier : "Take my arm. It's likely not as good as your original one, but at least it's still army grade."

" I can't even move a finger now. It will be of better use in your hands. Please, defeat the Corrupted. I'll be counting on you."

...

Lucia : " I understand. Thank you."

—Without the means to salute, Lucia paid her respects to this Construct soldier through her wordless gaze.

Construct Soldier : "One more thing. Our squad had to abandon some weapon supplies when we engaged with the Corrupted just now. There are Levi-Gun core components in there."

"If you can secure them, then that Support-type Construct over there should be able to hop back into action."

Liv : " Really...?"

—Liv looks expectantly at commandant

Commandant : "Let's go together then."

Liv : "Let's begin!"

Construct Soldier : "Alright, that should be all. Good luck, and may we meet again on a better occasion..."

System : "Recalibrating neural link parameters..."

—M.I.N.D. deviation coefficient decreased by 0.015...

Consciousness: Lucia, online...

Lucia : "Ugh!"

Liv : "Are you still in pain? I've treated more of your wounds..."

Lucia : "No, it's... nothing. Just, feeling unaccustomed to the sudden return of pain reception..."

Lee : "It's good that you feel pain. Only then will your M.I.N.D. model slowly return to normal."

"Now, try moving your new arm."

Lucia : "Oh... It's very smooth, as if it was mine all along. How did you do that, Lee?"

Lee : "I adjusted and buffered the possible kinetic deviations according to your previous movement data-"

"What I mean is that, I had a feeling you'd do something like this someday, so I've made config presets of different limb models for you."

Liv : "You're always so dependable when it comes to mechanics, Lee."

Lucia : "agree."

—Lucia nods earnestly.

Lee : ... (The sarcasm flew right over their heads... Sigh...)

"Anyway, we'll still need to test its functionality in actual battle."

-to be continued-