Chapter 10 : The Letter (Interlude)

EX04 : Echo Aria - Curtain and Canvases (Interlude)

Chapter 10 : The Letter

Meka : "It's been a while since she last came to visit. Everything okay?"

Ayla : "You mean Selena? Oh, yeah. Stuff happened."

Meka : "Hmm, I just hope you didn't fight, People your age always have different opinions."

"But they don't know how to take a step back. Because they feel their opinions are the only right option, they try to push each other to believe."

"Instead of "push. I'd say.. It's more like people are trying to change each other with their own understanding."

"A "victory" may not end well. I have seen many good friends turning against each other-"

Ayla : "-Only because of trivial little things."

"I know, ma'am. You said it so many times! But Selena and I won't go down that way."

Meka : "That's good. I mean, you don't have a lot of friends, so I'm a bit worried."

Ayla : "Tsk, you just haven't met those I know! Alright, I'm going to start painting, Please see yourself out!"

Meka : "Alright, alright. All the best."

Ayla : "Selena..."

Selena's letter 079 : "...The space station has entered the rendezvous orbit. Once again, there will be fierce attacks incoming."

"But my position isn't in the frontline. Our squad's mission is to enter the space station and investigate the legacy of humans in the old times."

"Archaeology, to put it simply."

"This is my first time taking part in such a large-scale operation, not to mention we are going deep into the enemy's base. I'm so nervous."

"But I feel quite excited at the same time, looking forward to meeting all the unknowns in the space station."

"The veterans said they found many interesting things in the past."

"Like an astronaut's personal sketchbook, space photography, etc."

"If I can find similar things, I'll make sure I bring them back for you. Oh, I need to watch the Punishing Virus level though..."

"Speaking of which, have you received the theater software I left you?"

"Try to experience it like you've never seen it before. You will be surprised."

"... really hope you can tell me your impression in person. Too bad I can't. Just put it in writing if possible"

"Well, that's pretty much everything. I'd like to quote the ending of "The Tempest":"

"Ayla, don't strain your mind with trying to work this strange business out."

"At a convenient moment, which will be soon, I'll explain everything and all these strange occurrences will become clear."

"Until then, be cheerful, and be assured that all is well."

Ayla: "Selena left me the original..."

"I will. When you come back, I'll tell you what I think!"

"Selena... I will try my best to understand your feelings."

-Loading software data-

"Tempest: Magic & Miracle"

-Dedicated to the most important person in my life, who has always helped me-

Ferdinand : "I confess for my father's sins! He abandoned the pride of a king and entered the abyss of jealousy."

"O wise Duke Prospero, your return truly is my greatest blessing."

"Hearing your name, no greater joy would enlighten me more in this world!"

Duke prospero : "Ferdinand, If I have too austerely punished you, it is but a test for you."

"Your compensation makes amends, for I have given you here a third of mine own life-my daughter, Miranda."

"For which I live till now. Not one moment was I not thinking of her even when your despicable father pushed me off the cliff."

"But you must not take her virginity before the marriage ceremony is performed according to all the sacred traditions."

Ferdinand : "I look forward to a quiet life, and many years with our love just as it is now. Even the strongest temptations that our lower nature can offer will not ever turn my honor into lust to endanger the joy of our marriage!"

Duke prospero : "Fairly spoken. Behold, Ferdinand, for I must bestow upon the eyes of this young couple some vanity of mine art."

....

Alonso : "I long to hear your story, which must take the ear strangely. I believe we all do."

Duke Prospero : "Sir, I invite your highness and your train to my humble cave."

"At a convenient moment, which will be soon, I'll explain everything and all these strange occurrences will become clear."

"Until then be cheerful, and be assured that all is well."

Gonzalo : "The Duke of Milan was thrust out of Milan, but he found his dukedom in a poor island. His descendants should become kings of Naples."

"We all found ourselves when no man was himself."

"This cannot be any better, for it must be gods that have marked out the path that bought us here."

Gentle female voice : "The Duke of Milan did not seek revenge for the hardship he encountered."

"Instead, he forgave every man who had wronged him, after they confessed."

"Years later, all the things that happened were slowly forgotten."

"The people of Naples continued to live on a beautiful land as always."

"Naples was still a place of hope, despite the occasional disputes and conflicts."

...

Ayla : "Selena, is this the ending that you wanted to show me?"

"But why? Why do I struggle to understand you..."

"What's the point in the same happily ever after ending? This is just too bland. A tragedy would be much more impactful."

"Sorry, Selena. I can't understand yet. "

-to be continued-