Chapter 7 : Colors (Interlude)

EX04 : Echo Aria - Curtain and Canvases
Ayla's Interlude

Chapter 7 : Colors

Babylonia-Center of Basic Public Education - 9:00 am

Ayla : "Here, and there. And then..."

"Hmm, not bad. Just a bit more here..."

"Alright! Done!"

...(Displays her work)

Ayla : "Hmm... This isn't too bad, right? I knew I could do it!"

(Knocking-)

Ayla : "Coming!"

Meka : "Ayla, I brought a book for you. "The Legend of Art."

Ayla : "Thanks, ma'am!"

"Look at my work! How is it?"

Meka : "It's very nice. You are really good, Ayla."

"You can draw, you can write, and you even sing very well."

"I hope one day I can see you shine."

Ayla : "Of course! I won't let you down!"

"I want everybody to see my artwork and listen to my songs! I want everybody to be happy!"

Meka : "Good girl..."

"If you become famous, I'll be delighted."

Ayla : "hehe!"

Meka : "Right, Ayla. One more thing."

"Tomorrow I'm taking everyone for an outing as usual. Don't forget to prepare."

Ayla : "Great! I've been waiting for this!"

"Museum of Human Legacy last year, Construct Research Lab the year before..."

"Where are we going this year?!"

Meka : "You really can't wait, can you, Ayla? But, no spoilers."

Ayla : "What?! Please!"

Fat Boy : "Hehehe... According to my sources, we are definitely going to the garden for a picnic!"

Lazy Boy : "What, not again.... I don't want to go for a picnic."

Fat Boy : "Really?! I can't believe there's someone who doesn't like a picnic! God save him!"

Lazy Boy : "You're just making it up. I'm going back-"

Fat Boy : "Wait! Ahem, I admit that a picnic is my personal preference. But!"

"This is highly classified information. I'm only telling you because you are my friend! It's the Virtual Convention Center!"

Lazy Boy : "R-really? Are you saying that..."

Fat Boy : "Yeah, that's right! Virtual reality games, baby!"

Lazy Boy : "I won't be able to fall asleep tonight...! Why did you have to tell me...."

Ayla : "Huh? Are games really that fun?"

Fat Boy : "Oh, hi, Ayla."

"You girls may not know much about games. But if you get to play the game, you'll probably understand how exciting it is!"

"Imagine you are a powerful Construct, going to an unknown space full of danger."

"In your left hand is a sci-fi energy beam weapon, in your right hand is a laser sword."

"Three alien monsters suddenly appear in front of you-slash! Pew pew!"

"One hit, one kill. Then you finish them all with one beam! Bang! How cool is that!"

Ayla : "Hmm... I can imagine that scene. And I should be able to draw it down..?"

Lazy Boy : "You're a great painter, but you need to actually play it to get the gist."

Ayla : "Huh... Is that so?"

Fat Boy : "Ayla the Great Artist lives in a pure and innocent world. Leave the battlefield to us brave warriors!"

Lazy Boy : "Ooh! I-I'm feeling excited too!"

Ayla : "Pure and innocent... Huh."

-to be continued-