Her Amour Likes Black

>.> This chapter is pretty serious and actually short(er) too but the next chapter WILL be bigger. This was a necessary installment. You'll come to know what the next chapter's about at the end of this chapter.

ENJOY~!!

__________________________________________________________________

"Well, you are supposing the the possibility of a war? That is utter nonsense. The Queen has foreseen many such occurrences and we have potentially avoided them. How can a war of such a great scale happen?"

"Well, Germany started it. Assassination of Archduke Ferdinand is supposed to be the immediate cause. Rapid armament and thirst of the countries for colonies supplicated the situation. The Queen was dead when it happened."

"Sebastian, who is this Ferdinand?" Ciel asked as he sipped his Earl Grey.

"Young master, he is the eldest son of Archduke Karl Ludwig. A man of of a true personality amidst the amiable inanity of the Austrians."

Ciel took another sip of his tea while listening to Elaine talk about the past, or future, if referred to him. With a grim expression, he went over a paper with the details of Adolf Hitler, Karl Marx and Benito Mussolini compiled by Elaine. After waking up, summoning Elaine and inquiring about the "future" is the first thing he did.

"Young Master, should we invite-" Sebastian started when he was suddenly interrupted by a loud noise from the Kitchen.

"Oh my, looks like the three are up to something again." He said as he made his way down to the Kitchen, with an amused Elaine following him with a smirk on her face.

"Hey Sebastian," she asked, closing on the distance between them.

"Yes, Elaine?" He turned around.

"What's your favorite color?" She asked with a twinkle in her eye.

Such an unexpected question made Sebastian chuckle as he replied with a simple, "Black."

Time Skip Brought to you by le forgotten Ciel

With a swooping motion and a pair of quick feet, Sebastian brought a plate of delicious looking chocolate muffins in front of a silver haired man, currently trying to amputate Bard's head.

"You must try the exquisitely baked muffins au chocolat of the Phantomhives. A marvelous creation indeed." He said with a smile.

Taking a bite of a muffin on his sword, Earl Grey smirked in satisfaction. "Its so-so." He said, wiping his mouth. "This routine never gets old."

"Earl Charles Grey and Sir Charles Phipps, what brings you to the Phantomhive estate?" Sebastian inquired with his deadpanned smirk plastered on his face.

"I wish to speak with your master, Earl Phantomhive." He replied.

"As you wish."

Time skip brought to you by le remembered Ciel

"John.. Brown?" Ciel asked as he looked at a letter which was delivered to him on a silver platter.

"Yes. He is a man, very highly regarded by the Queen. We expect you to provide him with ample hospitality." Earl Grey said in a monotonous tone.

"If so, why not keep him in the palace?" Ciel asked.

"The queen has her reasons, Earl. You do not ask questions, but only obey. Now, it maybe a good opportunity for restoring her faith in you after the ship incident."

"Understood. Sebastian, escort them out." Ciel said. He stood up and retreated to his room, leaving Elaine, Sebastian and the two silverettes, in his study."

"Hey," Elaine began "is John Brown the Queen's rumored lover?" She asked.

Earl Grey gave her a peculiar look and said, "Somethings are better left untold, milady." And with that, he kissed her hand, earning discreet unseen daggers from Sebastian, who immediately ushered them out and escorted them to their carriage.

__________________________________________________________________

This chapter was kinda serious, but it was necessary for THE BALL! Yeah, I know balls are pretty cliche (//scoffs) but cmon, Elaine needs to dress to impress!

Sorry for errors. I tried my best to make it as accurate as possible. Wikipedia was a BIG help.

^_^ Cheers. Don't forget to vote and comment.