2.Fall of Vritras

🍁
-"It's not necessary that we get what we want everytime. But instead what we got , might be the one we needed the most at the time." -

-SANVL

🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂🍂

Diti was worried about the ongoings as well. Her children were completely reckless and were committing heinous crimes against humanity.
She tried to stop them , but couldn't go against their wish. She knew soon the heavenly beings will find a solution for the problems that her children were causing .
She didn't wanted to think of the worst.

Her son Alamvusha has brought havoc on the peaceful life of the people on earth.
Everyone prayed to their dear God to save them from this cruelty. People were punished upon worshipping any God and this further shattered their hopes.
They still kept their trust in the kindness of the omnipresent.

________________________________

Banasura was trying to enter the cave. Alamvusha, his elder brother was slaughtering the Gandharvas who were gaurding the cave with their life.
They came to know that all the deities including the Trinity has engaged in a Yagna that would possibly be the reason for the mighty Alamvusha's doom , atleast that's what he got to know.

Banasura was now facing the Yamaraj and Shanidev. Banasura has a boon to be not killed by his opponent's weapon , or to be only killed by his own weapon. Blessed with numerable hands and armed with the strange boon he was almost invincible.

Protecting the cave from any external threats was the task assigned to Yamraj and Shanidev. And they were doing a great job.

Both the deities were preventing them from entering , but still the army of the Gandharavas were being a prey of an onslaught.
Blood pooled to a lake at the entrance of the cave , after the fall of Vritras Gandharvas became considerably weak.

Few years ago in the battle field:(flashback)

Alamvusha's army and the army of gods were at the throat of eachother's,
It halted after the entry of Mahadev in the battlefield.
But just before his presence, one of the Vritras happened to be victimized to a fatal injury. His wings gave up , he crash landed on earth, in a lake , lava like fire emitted from his mouth , and it boiled the water in the lake.
A sage was in jalasamadhi (deep meditation under water) in the same lake for a long time.
His skin burned in the boiling hot water, thus his years of meditation was broken.  In anger and pain , he emerged from the water and saw a beast laying in the shore ,lava like substance along with blood oozing out of its mouth ; the sage cursed,
You broke my meditation and afflicted terrible pain on me , I Arushi putr , Rishi Aurva curse you and your whole race to remain as such wretched huge beasts forever and be feared and abandoned by all existence to the depth of pathala lok. Your abilities that you were so proud of, will remind you of your heinous act of hurting innocents.
He in his anger cursed the whole species of Vritras.

Surroundings started heating up , Suryadev appeared ,his pale face crumpled in pain and worry.
"Oh Bhargava! Please be merciful, they are Vritras, they helped the gods to defend the attack of Asuras on heavens, this was an unintentional happening. I know you are in immeasurable pain. But please advise something to lessen the effect of such painful curse , otherwise I will never be able to forgive myself as I was the one to send him to the south of the battlefield that resulted in a fatal injury of his. Please be merciful..."

Suryadev joined his hands in front of the fierce sage and pleaded for the salvation of Vritras from a terrible fate.
Realisation slowly seeped into the sage's vicinity even through the burning sensations he felt.
Seeing a troubled Sungod and a terribly injured Vritra , the sage felt sympathy for them.