007

You were never the clingy type with anyone but Jezebel, not even with past lovers.

Hoodie was another exception. You hadn't left his side since the incident, your fingers consistently entwined with his.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The three of you drove to another gas station for more gas and something to eat before heading to another motel. Being in another gas station made you replay the incident in your head, but Masky assured you that a little bit over 100 miles were enough to be safe for now. He didn't sense any disruptions or influences from Slender.

Masky had insisted that you eat and Hoodie kept complaining about wanting more egg rolls. Masky had burned through a pack of cigarettes during the car ride and needed more.

"Dude, do you think these egg rolls will be okay to eat?"

"That's a stupid question."

You were zoned out watching the egg rolls moving in the heated roller.

Masky was worried about you, but he was also irritated. Because he had burned through a pack of cigarettes and you and Hoodie hadn't stopped holding hands. He thought back to the kiss you both shared and kept thinking that he should have been the one comforting you, not Hoodie. 

"You okay princess?"

You look up at Hoodie and he smiles.

"Mhm."

"You keep holding my hand, am I that irresistible?"

You roll your eyes earning a smirk from him.

Your stomach growls and you debate whether or not to actually eat something. If you'll be able to keep it down. 

You wait until Hoodie finally gets his egg rolls before pulling him with you toward the snack aisle. Perhaps you could stomach some saltines and ginger ale. Masky lurks by the coffee pots and seems lost in thought as he hastily rips the sugar packets open. 

"Do you think he's mad at me?"

"Nah, he's just got a stick up his ass like usual, don't take it personally."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

This motel seems slightly less shady and dirty. The bed was inviting, you were exhausted and did not want to worry about deciding what to do yet. The incident replays in your mind like a torturous montage.

"As much as I'm enjoying this, you gotta let go of my hand princess. I gotta take a piss, unless you wanna join?"

You give him a look of disgust and let go of his hand. Sitting down with your saltines and ginger ale the chair wobbles when you lift one knee up toward your chest, the other leg dangling back and forth. As you're opening the ginger ale, it hisses at you and you decide to ask Masky a question. 

"Masky, did I do something wrong?"

He takes a sip of his coffee before replying.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, stop worrying about it."

You frown, you don't believe him but decided to let it be.

It's because I was holding Hoodie's hand, wasn't it?  I don't see why it should be an issue, although I don't usually do that. It's been a while since I've held someone's hand for so long and for comfort. Usually, I did it when Jezebel and I would sneak through the aisles in stores giggling as we snuck trinkets or snacks into our pockets. Or when I would come over to her house crying about some stupid partner who broke my heart again. I could have grabbed her hand and pulled her away from that thing in the wall, but I didn't, I froze in place like an idiot. But was there even anything to grab, was she maybe a figment of my imagination or was she actually there?  It should have been me who was taken, not her. She doesn't deserve this, she doesn't deserve to be in pain. I feel like I'm stuck in limbo, waiting to be pulled into the abyss, into whatever dark world she's stuck in. I'm trying to stay strong, to stay sane, and find her. Trying to hold onto hope, memories, and her image. I don't want to forget her, but it seems like the more I chase after the memories, after her, the more fuzzy and faded things become. This Slender, whatever the fuck that thing is, he's the cause of this. He fucking took her from me. He's corrupting my mind and needs to get the hell out of it.