Mission Impossible

Never in your wildest dreams would you have ever imagined to be tasked with stalking John Wick, the infamous Baba Yaga, the lethal, silent, the deadliest assassin/hitman there is. You keep wondering why Winston would ask this of you. You are absolutely sure that he is fully capable of taking care of himself. He is an one-man army. More importantly, how does one stalk or trail John Wick without being discovered? How to beat the master in his own game? You considered going to Winston and telling him that you wouldn't be able to do it. It is just like those movie series Mission Impossible!!! But you also have a reputation to maintain and you want to be known for not backing down from a deal, no matter how impossible it may seem for you.

So you find yourself trailing The Boogeyman and witnessing him work. Even you were impressed about how efficiently and effortlessly he can kill 10 to 50 men in one day. You felt slightly amazed about how he failed to discover you while you had been stalking him for 4 to 5 days. But you didn't know how wrong you were. You found him heading towards a church through dark alleyways which acted as shortcuts. It helped him to be more invisible and stealthy than he already was. You found out he mostly preferred alleyways and backdoors more than the main roads.

You had to take some necessary precautions to be stealthy like him. You chose to wore black trousers, black jacket with a hoodie and very soft-soled shoes which will hardly make any noise while traversing old and deserted alleyways and hallways. You didn't want him to be alerted of your presence in any way. So you followed him from a distance as he rounded a corner. You also rounded the corner but failed to spot him anywhere. The next thing you know, the muzzle of a gun against your temple and being shoved against a wall by him. Oh shit! So much for being stealthy, you thought.

"Who are you and why have you been following me?" He growled close to your face. He pulled back your hoodie and you saw his beautiful brown orbs widen in shock. "Dominika? Why?" He asked, taken back. "Hi, I was in the neighborhood..." You muttered and felt his hand tighten around your throat. "Are you working for Viggo now?" He snarled in your ear. "Its Winston... Winston wanted me to keep an eye on you!" You breathed out. He let you go, his eyes still scrutinizing you. "Winston is worried about you," you replied, massaging your throat as you didn't want it to bruise.

He sighed and held the bridge of his nose. You knew that you had pissed him off. "I am sorry, John," you muttered. He shoved his Heckler & Koch P30lL in its holster and glared at you. "This is not yours or Winston's fight. So you don't have the right to interfere," he muttered. You didn't say anything other than stare at your sneakers. "I will let you be on your way," John Wick said with finality and walked away. You watched him enter the church and sounds of gunfire started. You decide you shouldn't be here any longer and returned to the Continental. By now you had a pretty good idea of how to watch over him from a distance. You took out a huge bag and started to empty its contents deliberately. After an hour, you found yourself looking at a fully-assembled Barrett M82, all ready to go.

As you stepped out of your room for an early dinner, you found a very cute pitbull roaming the hallway. The dog came running to you and  started to sniff your clothes and feet. You petted him and he whined a little. "Hey boy, where is your mom or dad?" You cooed to him and allowed him to jump on you. He had no collar and the last time you checked, the Continental was not a pet-friendly hotel. You were trying to decide what to do with him, when you saw John Wick coming towards you. The dog ran to him as soon as he saw him. He bent down and petted the pitbull vigorously. "Hello again, John," you greeted the assassin. "Dominika," he nodded. "Is he yours? What's his name?" You asked him. "His name is Dog," the handsome assassin dead-panned. "Of course," you said and made your way downstairs. As you passed by him, he grabbed you by your elbow and turned you around.

His eyes were round and there was a fire burning in them. Your heart almost leaped out of your chest as he pulled you close and whispered, "You should stay far away from me." His eyes held you for a minute or longer and then he let go of your hand. You made yourself scarce from there as far as possible. John Wick is a very intimidating man and his actions are scaring and confusing you more and more. You decide to steer clear of him as much as possible. It also made sense to you that the pitbull belonged to John Wick. The Continental always makes an exception for people like John Wick.