The clue

"Well? What was so important that you had to call me down here at this time of night," I ask my men who are all crowded around the conference table in our meeting room

I was woken up at three am with a frantic phone call from one of my most trusted men telling me I had to come down immediately so here I am, my hair a mess and dressed in just a pair of joggers as I wait for them to finally spit it out.

They all look around at each other, silently urging someone to tell me but none of them have the courage to be that person.

"I'm sure you're all aware of the consequences of wasting my time," I say calmly, tapping my foot impatiently as I lean back in my leather chair.

"Yes boss," One of them nods. "We've received a... tip of sorts," He finally explains. "A tip about what?" I ask, knowing that the cartel is currently running smoothly.

The room is deathly silent for a moment, "A tip about Aria sir," He mutters.

My breathing hitches the second her name is brought up. We have a rule around her, no one is to dare mention her name unless they've found significant evidence of her being alive.

For the first five years after she was taken I spent every hour of everyday searching relentlessly for her. I pulled all my men off their usual jobs and had them scour the entire world for her but it's as if there was no trace of her left.

After awhile I took a different approach, I set up a team to constantly work on finding her but I ordered them to never tell me anything unless it was good news. That was nine years ago and I haven't heard from them since, that is until today.

"What did you find?" I ask, my voice coming out a lot more quiet than I had intended.

"We captured a member from the Delgado's and during torturing he told us he would exchange some information about Aria for his life," He explains. "What did he say?" I ask curiously.

"Well that's the thing he refused to talk to anybody but you," He clarifies.

"Take me to him," I command, standing up and pushing my way into the hallway. I grab a plain black shirt from my room, pulling it over my head as I follow my men down the dark hallway.

We eventually make it to the lockup which is just a row of dingy cells in my basement. There's only three people currently down here and only one of them is conscious so I make an educated guess that this is the guy that wants to talk to me.

"Speak." I command bluntly.

"Luther longtime no see," The man greets even though I'm fairly certain I've never seen him before in my life. "I have a deal for you, if you let me live I'll tell you everything I know about the disappearance of your daughter."

I nod, indicating for him to carry on.

"No I need to hear you say it, I know you're a man of your word Luther promise me you'll let me live," He pleads.