Decisions

"Okay fill me in," I sigh, looking at the group of men surrounding the conference table

"Okay fill me in," I sigh, looking at the group of men surrounding the conference table. The room is silent and the air is thick with tension as they all glance at one another, silently deciding which one of them will take the risk and tell me the bad news.

"The bounty has been raised by another one hundred million, whoever issued it really wants you dead," One of my men mutters.

"Hmm," I hum in understanding before taking a long drag of my cigarette. "Any idea who it is?" I ask the question they were all dreading.

It's been a week since we first found about the bounty and I gave my men a very clear task, they have several days to find out who put that bounty on my head and eliminate them. 

If the issuer of the bounty dies it becomes void because they obviously will no longer be able to pay the assassin that ends up doing it.

"Well," One of my mumbles quietly. 

"Fucking speak up," I order, becoming agitated with their beating around the bush. "Unfortunately whoever put the hit out knows what they're doing, they issued it anonymously and made sure they were untraceable," He explains.

"Now remind me, did I or did I not give you all a clear instruction?" I sigh, tapping my foot impatiently. 

"Yes sir but-" Another one of my men pipes up but I interrupt him. "Since I'm feeling generous, I'll give you all another three days to find out who did this or I'll... well you know what I'll do," I chuckle, standing up and straightening out my suit.

"Three days," I remind them again before exiting the meeting room. I head towards Aria's room, preparing to deal with the nightmare ordeal of trying to get her to check her glucose levels when a voice calls out behind me and stops me in my tracks.

"Boss!" A voice rings out. I turn around and come face to face with Antonio, my next in command after Raf. "I know you don't want to hear this but you've got to listen," He deadpans.

"There is no chance we are going to find who put the hit out in three days, they used advanced software to mask their location," He explains.

"Look man I know how you get about Aria and trust me I don't want to put you in this position but if you don't go into hiding soon you, her and Raf will die," He tells me definitively. "We've already had twelve assassins try to break in so far and our security is getting overwhelmed," He sighs.

"Fuck I know, I just can't" I say, completely exacerbated.

"Listen it'll be difficult at first but it'll over before you know it, a month or two tops," He reassures. "You've got to listen to reason Luther, her safety is more important than your feelings." 

We stand in silence for a few moments while my mind undergoes a mental battle. I want to be near her so I can protect her but me being near her is the soul reason she's in danger.

"Go get me files on our top ten best hitmen and return them to me within the next hour," I order. He smiles at me, proud that I made the right decision before rushing off down the hall.

I suck in a deep breath before turning and heading towards Aria's room.

"Come in!" I shout out to the person knocking on my door. It opens, revealing dad standing hesitantly in the doorway. 

"Hi," I smile before returning to practicing my reading. "Hi sweetheart," He greets, approaching me and kissing the top of my head.

"Are you okay?" I ask, glancing up at his worried face. "Well actually there's something I need to talk to you about," He reveals, a guilty look plastered across his face.

The familiar sense of dread and anxiety fills me as I rack my brain trying to think of any ways I may have messed up in the past days.

"Have I done anything wrong?" I ask wearily, avoiding eye contact. "No no of course not," He rushes out. "In my eyes you can do no wrong," He chuckles before sitting on the edge of my bed.

My worst fears are confirmed when he utters the next sentence, "A... situation has unfolded and it means that you're going to have to stay somewhere else for a little bit," He reveals.

So I have done something wrong.

"You don't want me anymore?" I ask, tears brimming in my eyes.

"No it's not like that, I want to stay with you more than anything in the world please understand that," He pleads, gently grasping my face in his hands. "It'll only be for a month and you're not the only one, me and uncle Raf have to leave the house too," He assures.

"Why?" I ask, tilting my head curiously. We sit in silence for a few seconds, a thoughtful expression taking over his face.

"We have a business trip so you'll be staying with a couple friends of mine, like a holiday," He smiles. I smile back at him, the thought of going on a holiday exciting me but the 'friends' aspect not so much.

Sensing my anxiety he clarifies, "Trust me the people you'll be staying with will be really nice I'll make sure of it," He says. "You can meet them tomorrow over lunch okay?" He asks hesitantly, studying my reaction.

The thought of meeting new people terrifies me but if dad is advocating for them then they're probably not dangerous. "Okay," I say quietly.

"I'm proud of you for being so brave," He praises, kissing my forehead. "Now tell me, is there anywhere specific you would like to go? Anywhere in the world and I'll make it happen," He promises.

I think for a moment before making my decision, mainly being inspired by a movie called Lilo and Stitch me and uncle Raf watched. "Hawaii," I answer.

"Hawaii it is."