Broken glass

I walk out of Aria's room after we watched a movie and she eventually fell asleep

I walk out of Aria's room after we watched a movie and she eventually fell asleep. My happy mood shifts into agitation as I storm through the hallway in the direction of my office.

I pull open my office door and sit idly in my chair, spinning side to side as I impatiently stare at my watch.

"Sorry boss it took longer than expected," A hurried voice rushes out as they come crashing into my office. 

"You know better than to keep me waiting Antonio," I tut. If Antonio wasn't like family to me he would have been fired or maybe even killed long ago for the way he constantly disrespects me, not to mention he's absolutely atrocious at his job.

"I've narrowed it down to these ten candidates," He explains, spreading numerous files across my desk. "I reckon we should hire all ten to live in the safe house with Aria, that way she'll have maximum protection," He suggests.

I shake my head in disapproval. I know Aria is really worried about having to meet three new people, ten will be way too overwhelming. My plan is to have around a dozen uncover men surrounding the house and protecting Aria from afar so she's not as worried while still remaining safe.

"Three men will remain inside the house and accompany her everywhere she goes and an additional ten will be stationed in the house next door but Aria is not to be aware of their existence," I warn. He nods in understanding and motions for me to take a look at the files.

I look through each individual file in excruciating detail, analysing each of their character profiles as well as general ability. 

Choosing someone to look after Aria isn't just as simple as who's the strongest or the most efficient killer, I have to also consider Aria's unique needs. I need someone that's going to be understanding and patient with her and someone who can provide her comfort when I can't.

That's why I excluded half of my options because I doubt sending Aria off with huge, intimating ex cons will help with her mental issues. I need three people who look relatively normal whilst still being able to swiftly kill anyone that tries to harm my daughter.

"So they're brothers?" I ask, holding out the three files with the same last name. "Probably," He shrugs, lighting up a cigar.

"Jude Alcazar," I read, clicking my tongue. This peaks Antonio's interest as he straightens up in his seat.

"Ah yes Jude," He recalls fondly. "He completed his training quicker than average, he's a very efficient and ruthless killer he'll do a good job at protecting Aria trust me," He chuckles. "And he's the best shot we have," He adds, taking a drag from his cigar.

"Know anything on the rest of them?" I ask, expecting the answer to be yes because he's literally in charge of monitoring our soldiers. "Cyrus?" I read out, opening up the next file.

"Where do I start," He laughs, running a hand through his hair. "From my time training him I could tell that he's a very closed off individual and has quite the temper," He explains. "But he is our strongest fighter by far, his technique is unmatched," He says proudly, being the one to mentor him.