Invisible string

"Do you ever clean up your shit?" I groan, stomping into Cy's room with a pile of his dirty clothes that he constantly leaves scattered on the floor in my hands

I enter his room but it's empty, his sheets still messily tossed about and his floor an ocean of laundry. I roll my eyes before chucking his dirty clothes on the floor and closing the door behind me.

Following the smell of fresh cooking, I stroll through the hallways of our apartment and eventually make it to the kitchen where Jude is tending to some eggs over the stove.

"Wake Cy up," He orders, glancing at me from his peripheral.

"He's not here," I yawn, sitting down on the couch. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion before turning his attention back to the eggs. "Did you hear him leave?" I ask, remembering how we all went to bed and Cy didn't mention any plans.

"Nope," He replies, plating up the food. "Probably out with one of his girls," He mumbles, rolling his eyes as he approaches the sofa and plops down next to me.

I laugh, being able to practically feel the jealously radiating off him. Cy and Jude have had an on and off fling for years now and I guess he's still not quite over it.

"Feet down," I tell Jude who's just kicked his feet up on the coffee table. He glares at me, annoyed by my constant need to keep this place tidy and clean.

"What I already have a hundred loads of laundry to put on thanks to Cy, I don't need to be wiping this down too," I deadpan, motioning to the table. 

He takes his feet off, flipping me off while scrolling through his phone. We eat our eggs in comfortable silence, watching tv as the morning sun shines through the window and beats down on our faces.

Our peace is interrupted by the sound of the front door slamming open and a very agitated looking Cy storming in.

"Jesus what kind of kinky sex have you been having," I ask, my eyes widening at the sight of his torn clothes and the deep cut running across his jaw. 

He scoffs, completely ignoring me and heading towards the fridge. "Are you okay?" Jude asks, slightly concerned.

"Just peachy," He says sarcastically, downing an entire bottle of water in five seconds. "Roll for me," He mutters, chucking a gram and some papers in our direction before storming towards his room.

I raise my eyebrow at Jude, silently voicing my curiosity. When Cy's in a mood it's best to just not ask him anything that'll further anger him so asking him where he was last night is off the table.

My mind races with theories, maybe he was jumped or got into a fight? 

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing, I pat my pockets until I eventually find it. I stare down at the caller id for a moment, my eyes widening when I see that it's my boss calling me.

"Yes?" I answer in the most monotone voice known to man.

"Luther Santo has requested the presence of you, Cyrus and Jude Alcazar at his home at one pm today," He immediately explains. "Don't be late," He demands, hanging up before I had time to even open my mouth.

I lower my phone and drop it onto my lap, sitting in silence while I try and process what just happened. 

"Who was it?" Jude asks, glancing up at me as he leans over and rolls Cy's blunt. "Erm that was Antonio," I answer. "Luther Santo want's to see us... at his house," I reveal, causing Jude's eyes to widen as he straightens up.

"Cyrus what the fuck did you do!" He shouts in the direction of the hallway.

Luther Santo never deals with his soldiers himself, he always sends Antonio or another one of his higher ups to issue out missions or kill off anyone that may have crossed him. Even if Luther personally wants to see you which is extremely rare it'll never ever be at his home so it's safe to say we're shitting our pants.

"What," Cy groans, drying his hair with a towel with another wrapped loosely around his waist as he approaches us.

"Luther Santo wants to see us at his house," Jude repeats, still in shock.

I can physically see the colour drain from Cy's face but he brushes it off, pretending the fact that the most powerful man in Brazil wants to see us for some unknown reason is no biggie.

"We just won't go," He shrugs, leaning over and grabbing his blunt.

"Yeah right," I scoff, knowing if we don't follow Luther's commands someone will be in our apartment by the end of the day ready to kill us.

"We have to see what he wants, you never know it could be something good," I say, trying to remain optimistic. 

"Yeah I'm sure he's just inviting us over for a lovely afternoon tea," Jude rolls his eyes, standing up and heading towards the hallway.

"Where are you going?" Cy asks as he pats his pockets for a lighter. "I'm going to get ready look at the fucking time," He calls back before slamming his bedroom door.

"Shit!" I exclaim, jumping off the couch when I see that we only have forty minutes to get ready and make the long drive to the Santo household.

"Get ready," I tell Cy sternly, glaring at him as he remains lazily sprawled out across the couch, his skin still glistening from the water droplets coating it.

I storm down the hallway, entering my immaculate room and letting out a deep sigh. I pick my best outfit because knowing Luther Santo's temper it's probably the last thing I'm ever going to wear.

"Wish me luck," I say to Archer, our grumpy cat who's currently soaking up the sun on my window ledge as I exit the room.