V. Orchestra gone wrong

"The only real things in life are the unexpected things. Everything else is just an illusion"

- Watkin Tudor Jones

. . . . . . . . .

Theatre, Mount Preston High, Thursday night

ACT 2, Scene 1

FLASHBACK

"How pathetic of you Hannah..." Bianca Miller barged in, interrupting Hannah who at that time, was busy practicing the notes for the orchestra. 

"You work so hard, knowing you'll never win" she continued, blinking her eyes at rapid speed, constantly displaying her dark green eye shadow, making her appear alienlike.

"Of course she will Bianca, at least she's better than you" I spoke up, ready to defend Hannah while Hannah sat down frozen giving me a warning glare.

 "Watch your back Ava Anderson" Bianca spat, muttering silent curses under her breath as she walked out, her gang of nasty brats trailing after her.

Like a dog's tail, of course

"I'm sure that brat's responsible for Mia's death, she has  to be"

FLASHBACK ENDS

Mount Preston's theatre was dark, dimly lit with little white lights in the corners and a few in the centre. The large stage was covered with thick silky red curtains while excited murmurs and whispers floated above. 

"This is gonna be amazing" Emma smiled whispering, her head completely distracted from the plan we had come up last week in the dormy.

"You better focus Emma, on our plan" I reminded her and she nodded, her eyes glued onto the stage, waiting impatiently for the performance to begin.

I glanced at Thea for a moment, who stood by the entrance of the backstage room. She gestured me a thumbs-up sign and I smiled back at her.

Looks like we're ready

Music began to fly within the walls of the theatre as the silky red curtains began to pull aside, revealing the large stage with spotlight as the orchestra began to play their violins. Bianca sat at the centre while Hannah beside her followed by the rest of the orchestra.

I had to admit, the orchestra was truly amazing. The melodious sounds of the violins were blending into each other perfectly. The crowds were so mesmerized that they all silenced themselves to hear the orchestra's performance.

"Ava....." Emma began tapping repeatedly onto my shoulder. I turned my head around to look at her completely annoyed.

"What is it Emma?" I managed to yell out in a whisper.

"Do you mind saving my seat? I'll just be back from the restroom" she said feebly, rising up from her seat.

"Ughhh...alright but you better hurry up" I threw a tantrum while Emma excused herself from the crowd and walked out of the theatre.

The orchestra went well for the first twenty minutes so far. I guess I was quite wrong predicting an ill fate coming our way when-

Darkness

Darkness engulfed the whole theatre, stealing away the spotlight and shocking everyone which included the audience, the orchestra and myself too. It was way too dark that I could hardly see my own hands.

The music too came to a sudden stop that caused the whole event to turn into a catastrophe. 

"Holy shit" a voice called out from the darkness, probably a student, with a male voice.

"Was this part of the orchestra?" another girl asked.

Worried hushed voices now began to rise while my heart began beating hard and fast in my chest, fearing it might burst out of my rib cage.

"Everyone calm down. There must be a power outage" Mr. Liam, the music master and one of the core judges called out, doing his best to silence the crowd.

But everything fell into a deafening silence when I heard an ominous sound of a violin playing in the distance. It surely didn't belong from the stage and didn't even match the sounds of what was being played onstage.

Am I dreaming? Who would be playing such a horrible tune?

The tune from the violin sounded horrible and began to rise in sound, catching almost everyone's attention.

Scream 

Just then a scream was heard. A loud ear piercing scream that came from the direction of the stage, it belonged to a girl surely not Hannah's but sounded painful and agonizing.

Mr. Liam and a few other professors quickly switched on the torch lights of their phones and half of them began rushing towards the stage while he rushed towards the back stage entrance where Thea was screaming for help.

What the hell is going on?

* * * * *

Rushing out of the theatre were a bunch of professors carrying a bloody corpse which belonged to Bianca?

Bianca's...dead?!

 Following after them was Hannah and Thea, their bodies bleeding and full of cuts but thankfully, they were alive.

"Ava, What in the world happened?" Emma came rushing towards me, to find me in tears.

"Where were you?" I ask her, my voice cracking.

"Someone locked me out of the restroom when the lights turned out. I wasn't able to open the door until now" she replied panting.

So if Bianca isn't the killer, then who is it?

So a killer still roams and it could be anyone

Literally wrote this after a ton of effort, do gimme a review on this chapter.

@ahlanazarx ⛓