Thin Innocence Shatters

The screams. The dying. The suffering. So much of the three. It was so bad that most survivors left as soon as they could. Objects were constantly left behind, with little to no remorse being felt. Very few decided to stay at the hotel and try to fight the substance, and even less came out with their lives. And of course, there's a certain tuft of grass who was abandoned.

"Please.. make it stop!" Grassy cowered.

No one truly understood what was going on, but he didn't even have the slightest idea about the ongoing crisis. He had seen so many of his friends and fellow contestants turn into mindless monsters so quickly. He was too petrified by fear to even run, so he curled up into a ball near the side of the hotel.

Something- or someone shattered to the right of him, sending waves of pain up and down his body. The first tears fell. By now, most people had already fled the grounds, which left Grassy alone.

"T̸h̶e̶r̵e̷.̸.̴ ̷t̷h̵e̶r̸e̶.̶.̴" said someone near him. "I̷t̸ ̶w̴i̷l̷l̸ ̷a̶l̵l̷ ̴b̵e̵ ̵o̵v̷e̸r̸ ̶s̷o̴o̷n̶."

Grassy looked up, only to see the possessed form of Gaty staring back at him. She lunged at the tuft of grass, with him barely moving out of the way of his certain demise. Without a second thought, Grassy ran for his life, trying to find someone else who wasn't possessed.

But nobody came.

He tripped over a rock, sending him face-first into the ground. He moaned in pain, with what sounded like strained laughter being emitted from behind him. Bottle was the closest to him, and immediately ran over, planning to end the life of the pitiful weed. Grassy struggled to get back onto his feet, collapsing back into the puddle of blood and tears every time he tried to run away. The grip of death brought by the possessed Bottle was so close..

..but she never got the chance to end the weed.

Suddenly, a shot rang out from across the contestant grounds. Bottle suddenly flickered out of existence as the shot came into contact with her face.

"Grassy! Over here!"

Grassy looked up, only to see a panicked Eraser calling him over to a nearby forest. He held a zap ray in his hand, which he had just used to save Grassy's life. Grassy got up, trying to ignore the excruciating amount of pain coming from his right side. He half-stumbled, half-ran towards where Eraser was. He was temporarily turned around by Firey, why is Firey here?, before eventually making it to the forest.

But Eraser was nowhere to be seen.

No.. was he taken too?

Grassy panicked, deciding to run into the forest, unknowingly leaving a blood trail behind him. He ran away from everything that mattered to him, from everything and everyone that made him feel secure. He heard snakes slithering beside him and birds calling above him, but he kept running. 

Every time his right leg made contact with the ground, it felt like he was going to die from the huge amounts of pain, right then and there. Tears began forming in the boy's eyes, blurring his vision. He felt weak, like every part of his body wanted to give up. His running eventually slowed down to stumbling, as the pain and weakness was too much for him. Despite this, he kept moving. He stumbled and stumbled until his legs gave out from underneath him.

And then, he started weeping.

At first, it was because of the physical pain. But it started to turn into mental pain as his whole world collapsed around him. 

He cried for everyone who became corrupted, he cried for the pain they were (most likely) going through, he cried for Basketball, and Blocky, and Tennis Ball, and Snowball, and Bell. Even Golf Ball got some of his tears. When he had no tears left to cry, he curled up into a ball, and began whimpering like an injured animal.