Surviving

Thanks to her extreme tiredness, Basketball didn't even realize that Apple was running directly at her until she was only a few feet away. Luckily, she managed to hide behind the tree her and Grassy were at right before Apple would've tackled her, resulting in Apple smashing into a different tree behind her.

Apple howled in pain for a couple of seconds before snarling aggressively. Basketball started to panic as Apple got back up, her body shaking with unkept rage and forced happiness. She started to shake Grassy, trying to wake him up, but she also didn't want him to panic. If he panicked, it would make him harder to work with.

"Come on.. come on.. wake up.." Basketball knew the little amount of time she had was running out as Apple started to slowly make her way over to the two of them. "Nrgh.. but Grassy's tired!" he said, trying to keep his eyes closed.

Out of options, Basketball was forced to pick Grassy up with her teeth before running away from the crazed Apple. She did not take lightly to her pray running away, as Apple quickly followed the sports ball. Basketball heard tree's falling behind her, which made her run even faster. She didn't want to have to deal with that level of strength.

The unevenness of the ground and the shaking of Basketball's running eventually fully woke Grassy up, who was confused as to what was happening. "Why are you running?" he asked. Basketball was forced to put him back down on the ground in order to properly answer him. Still trying to keep him calm, she decided to play it off as some sort of game. She definitely could've came up with something better, but after being awake for so long she was too tired to come up with a better idea than.. "We're playing tag! Now quickly, we need to keep running or.. or we'll lose!"

Grassy seemed confused, as he was staring blankly at her. He slightly shifted before talking again. "Is that the person who's it?" he asked. Basketball turned around, only to see Apple running at them. She swallowed roughly. "Yes! Now run! Quickly!" Grassy shrugged and smiled a bit as he quickly started to run in the opposite direction of the Apple, with Basketball following closely behind.

They were able to run much quicker now, as Basketball could now focus all of her effort into running instead of running and trying to keep Grassy suspended. Grassy was also very fast for his size, probably due to his light-weight, meaning that the two of them could easily run faster than Apple.

"W̸h̷e̵r̵e̸ ̵a̴r̴e̷ ̶y̶o̵u̷ ̸g̵o̸i̷n̶g̸?̷ ̵W̶h̶y̸ ̷a̶r̵e̷ ̶y̷o̷u̶ ̸t̴r̸y̶i̴n̴g̵ ̶t̶o̷ ̴h̵i̵d̶e̷?̴" Apple bellowed from behind, but she was starting to fall out of earshot. Unfortunately, Basketball and Grassy were getting tired at a much faster rate than Apple. She soon started to close the gap between the three of them, which only caused her to run faster.

"Faster Grassy! Or we'll get be it!" Basketball yelled out, starting to feel bad about having to lie to him. But after minutes of running, Apple was still getting closer to them and Basketball was almost too tired to keep running. She hadn't gotten sleep in hours, maybe even an entire day, and running at her top speed for minutes on end had worn down all her energy.

She knew that something had to be done, or else they would both definitely be caught by Apple.

She looked around, again trying to think of something to do. This area was vaguely familiar to her, but she couldn't exactly pinpoint why. There were less trees than there was a couple of minutes ago, meaning they had to be near the edge of the forest. She also heard what sounded like a lot of water splashing.. almost like a waterfall was nearby..

Of course! They had to be close to the Great Goikian Waterfall! Well that explains a lot.. After being freed from the LOL, she had spent a lot of time out here, and had gotten quite accustomed to the area as a result. Judging by their surroundings and context clues, one of the groups of lakes shouldn't be too far from their current location.