1

Reneé

I stepped outside one last time before a heavy sigh departed from my lips. I had an interview tomorrow that would determine whether or not I could join a program in my college and receive a scholarship.

As much as I wanted to party the night before the first week of school started, I needed to invest in my future and make sure I could leave college financially stable. As I dragged my feet inside my dorm building, I reviewed all the material I needed to display tomorrow and opened my dorm room.

"You have to be joking Reneé, The party ends pretty early tonight you should be ready by now!" Imani yelled at me in her deep southern accent as she fixed up her makeup one last time before turning around to look at me. Imani was my roommate from Texas, and she is the most remarkable person I know. Before we began to room, we had a mutual friend who introduced us to one another. We got to know each other throughout the summer and were excited to start the year. We were both majoring in the same major and thought we would help balance each other out.

As you can tell by now she loves to party, and I ... not so much.

"Imani, I have the interview tomorrow. And yes I know we already went over every possible scenario and question posted and how I should answer. But I'm so stressed and don't want to go out, I BEG let me stay here and pray." I sighed in one breath as she stood there looking at me like a deer caught in headlights. She was wearing black ripped shorts with a black asymmetrical loose crop top, her belly piercing on full display. I always envied her body, small stomach small boobs, every girl's dream.

"I understand babe, but I have seen you prepare for this the entire summer, and I know that you ARE ready for that interview.." She looked at me through her thick dark lashes, ".... and babe trust me I would never put you in a position where you aren't going to succeed. We will be back before midnight," she said as she walked closer to me, grabbing my hands in hers.

"And your interview starts at 11 a.m., right? We will both wake up early and go over your portfolio one last time before you go. Let's just go out this once, because we aren't going out until Thanksgiving break." A laugh cracks from her lips, her bob flowing lightly as she reminisces on our vow to not go out until we had a break. Being a Biology major is going to be hard, and we know that.

As much as I wanted to stay and be bored out of my mind rewatching the same 100 videos of past students who had been awarded this scholarship and program, I knew it would be better to relieve the stress before the biggest day of my year with a party.

I nodded my head as Imani jumped up and down SCREAMING at the top of her lungs. I just know this is a bad idea...

----------------------------------------------------------

I chose a white halter top with a dark denim miniskirt. A bit out of my comfort zone, as my D-cup-sized boobs were on full display, but I looked and felt great and that was all that mattered. This would be my first and last time going out anytime soon and I wanted to look good. I parted my small knotless braids into a side part and left some curls in the front to frame my face. The lash extensions I had done before saved me a bunch of time and we were out of the door.

----------------------------------------------------------

"THIS STINGS!" I yelled as I downed a shot. I wasn't a drinking person, and I was not taking anything else after this shot. Unlike most people, I didn't need to rely on alcohol to have fun at a party.

I watched as Imani jumped up and down, her silk-pressed bob bouncing gently with her. Her dark skin was glowing under the purple light, and her lips moved to the lyrics of the song. She was gorgeous and a great friend. I was glad she talked me out of staying in our dorm.