5

"You want us to go on a date?"

"Reneé who the fuck are you talking to?" Zach says harshly, eyebrows creased into a deep frown. 

"You wouldn't know him," I responded, still trying to understand what was happening. Walking away from Zach and towards my room, I hear Aaron on the phone ask again, 

"So a date it is, unless you want to fail Chemistry?" I can almost imagine the smirk on his face as he said those words. I wanted to think through this, his attitude was disgusting, but he was so fine. Before I could even fantom a more comprehensive sentence, I responded to his request.

"Sure, Aaron let's do it,"

----------------------------------------------------

"Tavern in the Square, meet me there at 8."

----------------------------------------------------

The sound of jazz music and sweet hot honey buns fill the air as I walk into the restaurant. Inside was scattered with fairy lights, the dark modern theme of the restaurant calming my nerves. I knew this wasn't something that I should be doing, and I could have talked to anyone else in the class, but the strong temptation to go out with him drove me to this predicament. 

"Yes I have a reservation for Aaron," I told the host, a bright insincere smile spreading across her face. I don't blame her, working here must be hard. 

"Good evening ma'am. Could I have a last name on the reservation please?" she questioned, looking up from her tablet after scanning through. 

"Um give me one second, I didn't think you would need that," I laughed out loud, quickly grabbing my phone and texting Aaron.

What's your last name Aaron?

Grey babe, hurry up I'm starving.

"Grey," I spoke out. She nodded her head, walking and leading me with her hands toward where Aaron was sitting. I see Aaron sitting on a barstool table in the corner of the restaurant, a glass of dark content resting on the table as he plays with it with a straw. He had on a black oversized button-down short sleeve with khaki jeans, his hair parted down the middle with a wet look, and little stray hairs neatly lighted his forehead like they were the first time we met. 

"Thank you," I tell the host, fixing my skirt quickly before sitting down opposite Aaron. I had on a dark-washed jean skirt with an oversized motorcycle jacket, I didn't know we were taking this date seriously...

"You look good, really good," Aaron says, approvingly nodding his head before taking a sip of his drink, and staring up at me through his lashes.

"Thank you, you do too. I didn't know we were taking this seriously," I confessed, shocked at how well he was able to put himself together. 

"Why wouldn't we be taking this seriously? You're taking Biology seriously, and so should I. This is my reward for filling you in about class," he laughs out, a bright smile crossing his face and exposing his dimples. 

I wouldn't lie and say I wasn't enjoying this. I hadn't gotten a lot of male attention before in my life, and this was my first date, but I wasn't gonna count it if I did go on a date with someone that I did want to know.

"Well if you do plan on taking this seriously you should know that my name isn't Reagan Aaron," I said, rolling my eyes before grabbing the menu to scan through.

"It's not?" He asked, confusion drawn on his face. Our waiting walked towards us and I ordered a Shirley Temple for a drink. She stood still waiting for Aaron to order, who was too busy on his phone to even regard her, and excused herself to grab my drink.