12

Reneé

"So we're all just wearing black to a party?" I ask slipping on my boots. It was finally cold enough for boots, and as much as everyone else preferred summer over the winter in the Northeast, I loved winter to the core.

"Yes Reneé, and we aren't coming back home until two so be prepared for a night out," Imani says, grabbing my bag and hers and ushering us out the door before locking it. She puts my keys in my bag and passes them to me before doing the same with hers. We walk to the boys in the lounge as James rushes to press the button for the elevator.

"About time Reneé I almost left without you," he jokes moving back to bump into me.

"Sorry guys damn I didn't think you would actually listen to me when I said I would go out since it was only a presumption that I had told my good friend Stells thinking she would have no time to tell anyone since she was so busy today," I say breathlessly narrowing my eyes to look over at Stella who covers her face and starts to laugh. We all enter the elevator and begin to discuss our day, and I noticed one person wasn't talking much at all. Sneaking glances at him, I notice his stoic expression and the way he continued to play with his fingers.

"Hey Zach," I whisper to him as we exit the elevator and continue outside the doors. He pauses for a moment and turns around as if searching for someone, then turns back to me with a fake smile on his face.

"Hi? I didn't notice we were talking now," he whispers so that no one else heard. After ignoring him the whole day I wasn't surprised with this reaction, at least he's responding to me.

"Sorry, I was just preoccupied the whole day. I saw your message, and I'm sorry I didn't come or at least text you. I couldn't. It's just... Today has been a lot," I say walking quickly and closely with him, one of his steps accounting to two of mine as we walk behind the others. His dark cinnamon scent engulfed the space we shared, and the heat radiating from his body warmed me from the frostbite wind.

"It's fine. I just needed help with something but Lori helped me get it done so no worries," he says, looking down at me and smirking. He notices me shivering slightly, and I mentally scold myself for underestimating the night winds. He then chuckles and shakes his head, taking off his jacket and placing it on my shoulders.

"At least wear a jacket in this weather Reneé, I'm grabbing my jacket back when I'm cold," he scolds, rubbing my arms through the jacket. After walking for what felt like forever we made it to the house party. I try handing Zach his jacket back but he continued to reject it, walking faster and talking with the rest as they entered the house.

Running up to them, I squeal excited for the night ahead of us.

------------------------------------------------

"You ready!" I yell over the music. The girls nod and we grab our shot glasses, quaffing the liquid down our throats. The sour burning sensation passes through me before I start to feel a light buzz.

"I'm so excited you're here Reneé, tonight is going to be fun," Lori says, pulling away from me and smiling. I'm actually excited to be out tonight with the girls and I hope that I can finally figure everything out tonight, and that includes talking to Zach which I am dreading. The girls and I make our way to the dance floor and move to the rhythm of the music, the feeling of ecstasy flowing through my veins.

We continue to dance the night away, talking to random people and downing more and more drinks. As I sway to the music I notice Zach staring at me, a lazy smirk on his face. He notices my eyes on him and begins to walk towards me, and I dance to him too.

"Hi," he whispers, however, I'm still able to hear him over the music. I whisper a hi back, slowly swaying to the music. He grabs my hand and pulls me towards him until there's no space left between us, I lean my head on his chest and take in his smell.

"How was your day Reneé?" he says, his voice vibrating in his chest. I don't know if it was my subconscious or the alcohol talking, but I wanted to be even closer to him than I was now and I pull myself even closer to him.

"It was goodd, would have been way way better with you though," I drag out smiling into his chest. I feel the vibration of his laugh and lift my head up as he looks down at me his smile deepening more and more causing his left dimple to show.

I stand on my tiptoes and he leans down as I whisper in his ear.

"I can see your dimple Zachariah," I point at his check, "I have some too look here," I pull back and show him my nonexistent dimples. Zach laughs and backs away slightly before shaking his head. Stella pulls me away from him and he takes this chance to walk outside as the girls and I continue to drink and dance until I feel someone behind me, grinding slowly and moving along with me.

In my drunken state of mind, I continue to dance, going with the flow. I'm forcefully turned around by this unknown man and he stares at me through dark hooded eyes, his eyes full of lust. He was tall, but not taller than Zach, and black with tattoos all over his upper body.

"Hey gorgeous," he says, using his fingers to graze my cheek softly. I pull away slightly, but he pulls me towards him and grabs my waist tightly.

"Why are you running, we were dancing just fine right now," he says winking, before leaning down and kissing me. A sloppy, wet, disgusting kiss. I push him away and slap him, the pain of the slap pulsing in my hand as well, feeling absolutely disgusted and agitated. Whatever alcohol in my system was no longer working, and I wasn't going to let someone touch me like that.

"Don't touch me ever again!" I yell over the music, pointing a finger before backing away slowly. I ran towards the bathroom and attempt to close the door, but not before it was grabbed to a stop.

"Reneé! Reneé! It's me," I hear Zach say behind the door, slowly opening the door. I let him in and he stands leaning on the door, a concerned look on his face as I lean on the bathroom counter, trying to process what just happened.

"Did you see that?" I asked a bit annoyed, staring at him through the mirror. He nods and sighs, "I did, and I was gonna come up before you handled him. Are you okay?" He says, still keeping his distance, his arms crossed over his chest. Sighing out I walk over to him and he opens his arms, embracing me in a hug. We sway slowly until he pushes me off to look into my eyes, his deep blue ones searching me as if looking for something. I nod but he shakes his head, eyebrows creasing into a frown.

"Stop pretending you're okay because you're gonna keep doing this, pretending, and keeping shit to yourself that's going to hurt you emotionally. I don't know how many boys you've danced with tonight, and I don't know how many times I had to hold myself back from dragging you away from all of them Reneé. Fuck you don't know what you do to me," he continues to look at me and chuckles softly. He turns me around until my back was leaning on the wall and he stood over me. He leans down slowly, his lips directly in front of mine, before he shakes his head again, nuzzling his face into my neck.

"I really hope you're still drunk so you don't remember any of this tomorrow, and I mean any of this baby" he whispers softly, his minty breath skimming over my collarbone.

"I hope so too," I whisper back.

I hope not.

Dude where tf is Aaron I was rooting for him