9

Reneé

It was Halloween, and I finally was able to get the room to myself the entire night. Lori and the girls came over to get ready, along with James and Zach who ended up leaving after getting stressed by how much time they were taking to get ready.  Zach dressed up as a basketball player, which if you ask me was a pretty valid Halloween outfit, and James was the male version of Harley Quinn.

"Bye Reneé, have fun!" Stella says, "by yourself," She frowns, before slipping on her cowgirl boots. Lori was dressed up as an actor from the Roaring 20s, Imani as the Joker, and Stella was a sexy pirate. They all looked gorgeous, and I wouldn't lie and say not dressing up kind of disappointed my inner child.

"Okay, we're gonna head out. The boys are waiting for us downstairs," Imani says waving before they all head out. 

"Have fun and stay safe!" I yell behind them, and a round of we will echoes down the hallway. To pass the time I begin fixing the mess they left behind: bras, makeup, perfume bottles scattered over Imani's bed and desk. Laughing to myself I neatly arrange them in their designated spots, wiping the smeared makeup and powder from her computer and sheets.

To reward myself, I grab one of her cup noodles. I touch up my makeup lightly before slipping on my Crocs and putting on a hoodie. Some RA was hosting a game night downstairs and I honestly was looking forward to meeting new people. I grab my phone and keys and head toward the kitchen to make these noodles before heading to the lounge.

------------------------------------------------

"Should we play would you rather or never have I ever?" Our RA Lucas brings up as the laughter dies down. There were six of us present in the entire building, I guess everyone else was excited to go to the Halloween parties. Lucas was a second-year student and had mentioned that last year nobody had stayed in and that Halloween parties are the commencement parties of finally entering college. 

Well, that sucks doesn't it..

"Let's do never have I ever, that will let us know more about each other," Megan says clapping her hands excitedly. I snicker and choke on the air. Megan was super cute and oblivious because she was homeschooled, so this was her first time ever hanging out with a group of people outside her family. 

"Are you okay?" The group asks. Nodding embarrassedly, I grab my water bottle and chug until my throat is cleared. Lowering my bottle, I am met with the dark blue eyes of Zach, causing me to spit my water right in his face.

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry," I say, quickly using my hoodie to pat down his face. I continue to apologize as the others look at us weirdly, well... me.

"I'm good don't worry. I thought you were going to be in the room, I knocked but you weren't responding and I thought I heard your laugh when I was coming in and well here you are," Zach says, grabbing my hand and lowering it.

"Can I join you guys?" He asks, before sitting next to me. "I'm Zachariah by the way. I'm a freshman nice to meet you guys," he says confidently, smiling lightly. The group introduced themselves, before getting back into the game.

"We are playing never have I ever Zachariah. So who wants to go first?" Megan asks looking around. "Okay well since nobody is volunteering I'll go. Never have I ever gotten drunk," she says excitedly.  Everyone in the circle lifts their hands except Megan. 

"Oh," she responds to our answer, a disappointed look on her face. If you couldn't tell by now Megan had never drunk before. 

"You know it's nothing to be embarrassed about Megan," I say truthfully, "we should be the ones embarrassed for drinking. Imagine if cops were her right now. And you don't need to drink to become cool or have fun I promise you, you can have fun without being intoxicated," I finish, making sure she was reassured and understood what I meant.