Chapter 291 - 300

At 5 in the afternoon, Chen Shuyi invited both of them for dinner at the beach.

The weather had been pretty good for the past couple of days with the sun shining high up in the sky. When evening came, the sky was bathed in hues of the orange sunset. Majestic rosy clouds streaked across the skies, turning everything into a gorgeous symphony of colors.

With one look you could tell the area had been decorated prior. Fresh flowers and wine had been placed on the long table. There was also a flower arch set up a distance away from the waves. At one side, a bonfire roared, making crackling noises in the sea breeze.

The program crew's cameramen and staff surrounded the whole area.

As Ji Qingqing strolled along the backdrop of the sunset, her hair billowed in the night breeze. She gazed at the gorgeous sunset and let out a heartfelt sigh. "How beautiful..."

Ji Qingqing was so engrossed in admiring the sunset that she nearly tripped on a rock blocking her path. Lu Lixing gripped her hand and supported her.

"Be careful."

Ji Qingqing smiled. "Thank you."

Lu Lixing brought her to the long table. Being the gentleman, he pulled the chair out to let Ji Qingqing sit down.

"Where are President Chen and Sister Lin Zhen? Why haven't they arrived yet?"

Lu Lixing glanced at his phone. "They'll be here soon."

Ji Qingqing nodded. Her gaze wandered around the area. The fresh flower arch was so prominent that she couldn't help but stare at it for a long time.

Sponsored Content

The entire setup was practically like a proposal set. Anyone could guess what it was right away. But still, hadn't Chen Shuyi and Sister Lin Zhen been married for so many years already?

While she was deep in thought, Chen Shuyi had walked in with Lin Zhen who was blindfolded with a ribbon. He held her hand as they carefully made their way over. While he did this, he faced the audience around him and signaled for them to quiet down.

"Where are you exactly bringing me to? You're acting so mysterious..."

"Be patient. You'll know soon."

Chen Shuyi brought Lin Zhen to the flower arch. He told Lin Zhen to close her eyes and removed her blindfold.

Lu Lixing and Ji Qingqing both stood up. They were standing some distance away from the other couple. While they did that, the cameraman aimed the camera at Chen Shuyi and Lin Zhen.

"Close your eyes."

Lin Zhen closed her eyes.

"Zhenzhen, five years ago when you married me, I had just gone bankrupt. I promised to give you a car and a house, but in the end, I had nothing left. When I held the ring to propose to you, I considered letting you go so that you wouldn't be held back and suffer with me in this life. But instead, you just directly took the ring from my pocket and wore it. Just like that, the proposal that I meticulously prepared fell apart. Even though we're already married, I still owe you a proposal. And today, I wish to make it up to you."

When he finished his speech, Chen Shuyi paused and took out the ring box. He got down on one knee and opened the box.

"Zhenzhen, thank you for these couple of years. You were willing to be with me who was poor and had nothing back then. Also, thank you for being with me through tough times, for running about busily, and for accompanying me through hardships. Will you give me a chance to take care of you for the rest of your life?"