Chapter 3 - Social Interactions

Ai POV

My first real experience as a student, I wonder how its going to be. More importantly how exactly do I want to spend my school life? I've alrleady decided that I want to be a normal person but what exactly is that? I've been the a star for other people all my life, whether it was the outlet for my parents hate or my fans love.

Looking around I see that for the first time I'm not a star, instead I'm a normal student. For once I can just be Ai Hoshino, not a star not someone special a regular person. It's been so long, since the first time I lost myself to the act. While I've been gone, I forced myself  into living this life so I could understand the love I was longing. The love that I lacked in my past and in the present. I wish I lived in the present with the gift of my past mistakes, but the truth is that I don't deserve any of this. I don't deserve the fame that I have, so I might as well make sure I don't dissapoint anyone else.

Of course this is all a distant fantasy, sooner or later people here would recognize me. No matter how much I try to change my appearance with fake glasses, and different hair styles my fame always catches up to me. What a bitter thought. But what if they didn't? If I stay unnoticed, in the background, nameless, they would never know. If I was just some nobody with no friends, they would never know.

Horikita Manabu: "We expect the same level of excellence from the new first years of ANHS. I welcome you all to ANHS, and hope each and everyone will come to understand your purpose n this institution."

They never have to know...

Time Skip to Ai in Class D Classroom

This school really is something, on my way to Class D's classroom I saw through some windows how truly large the school grounds were. I had seen on some of the materiel available for the public that the campus was large but this is insane. I doubt anyone could fully explore all of it in their three year stay on the campus.

Speaking of Class D,  this is where I'll be spending the rest of my highschool career, where I'll be with the people that could make or break my next three years of high school. Looking around, I already see that people have begun forming into groups. The girls especially seem to have formed into a large group with a blonde haired girl and a blue haired girl being the center of attention. The boys have formed groups too, however a group of three caught my attention due to how they were looking at some of the girls. I didn't know why exactly they were doing that so I ignored the strange unsetteling feeling I had and turned my attention back to the large group of girls.

Should I go talk to them? Having friends would be nice... but no. I can't, theres too high of a chance that they know who I am. I have to remember that making friends is a bad idea, not like I would be more than a burden anyways. If they found out who i was, I'd have to act like an idol here too.

Looking down at the ground I do my best to avoid as much attention as possible, luckily my seat is at the back of the class so hopefully no one will make an effort to bother me. Thinking about it now having my ideal high school life would also mean me leading quite a lonely one. I can't hope that everyone would be unaware of who I am, Kiyotaka was an exception. Speaking of Kiyotaka, where is he? I was looking forward to talking to him but he left me shortly after arriving to the school and getting confronted by that black haired girl. I didn't really see him at the ceramony either.

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, probably the only one I can really try to befriend. I still can't believe my luck, he really did have no idea who I was. I can't make another slip up like that, revealing my full name like that was such a dumb thing to do. I have to remember that I'm one of the most popular idols right now, if I keep openly revealing my name eventually someones going to find out who I am.