Chapter 12 - Friendly Outing

Ai POV

Another day of class had begun, and Chabashira stood at the front of the room, delivering her lecture. While I made an effort to pay attention, my gaze often wandered around the classroom. The atmosphere had shifted since the beginning of the school year. The once rowdy and defiant students of Class D  , like Ike and Sudo, now seemed more focused on their studies.

Ike, in particular, appeared to have taken a noticeable turn for the better. It was likely a mixture of fear and the social pressure exerted by the class that motivated his newfound attentiveness. Sudo, on the other hand, seemed to be struggling more. He fidgeted incessantly in his seat, indicating his difficulty in adjusting. Despite this, he was making an effort, which surprised me considering his previous focus on sports over academics. The threat of losing points must have weighed heavily on him. You can't play sports if you're not in the school.

Beside me, Kiyotaka sat with his customary stoic expression. His attention seemed to drift away from the lesson, fixated on the window beside him. I couldn't blame him; the sun was casting a warm and inviting glow, and the sky was flawlessly clear. However, I knew his contemplation ran deeper than appreciating the view. I had observed this behavior in him daily, regardless of the weather. It was as though he was lost in his thoughts, engaged in a world beyond the classroom's walls. While I wanted to remind him to focus, his grades were relatively average, so perhaps my intervention wasn't necessary.

I redirected my attention to Chabashira-sensei, noticing that she was wrapping up her lesson. The day's final class was drawing to a close, and my plans involved heading home once it was over. Despite having made a few friends, such as Sakura, I found myself spending most of the time I had alone in my room. However, recently, I had been going outside more frequently, often accompanied by Sakura. Still, I remained cautious, ensuring that my identity remained concealed during our outings. I don't think has noticed anything about me yet, I had made sure of that. Who would expect an idol to be attending a school like this? Though despite that fact a thought lingered in my mind, How long can I keep this up?

Chasbahira: "That concludes classes for today. You are all dismissed and are free to go."

As Chabashira-sensei signaled the end of the class, the familiar sounds of chairs scraping against the floor filled the room as my classmates began to rise from their seats. I, too, started to gather my belongings when I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I found Kiyotaka standing there, his expression carrying the same dull and blank expression he always had. I regarded him with a mixture of curiosity and surprise, as our interactions had been few and far between, despite considering ourselves friends.

Ai: "Ayanokoji-kun?" I tilted my head slightly to the left, a faint curiosity in my eyes.

Kiyotaka: "Hoshino, could I have a moment of your time?" I couldn't help but feel a sense of intrigue as his request caught me off guard.

Ai: "Ummm, sure Ayanokoji-kun, but what's this about?"

Kiyotaka: "Would it be possible for us to find a more private place to talk?" His words piqued my curiosity even further. What could he possibly want to discuss in private?

Ai: "Of course!" Standing up, I followed him out of the classroom, leaving behind the bustling atmosphere of students. We headed to a quieter area behind the classroom complex, where the student presence was minimal.

Ai: "So, Kiyotaka, what did you want to talk to me about?"

Kiyotaka: "It's regarding something that Hirata and Kushida are organizing."

Ai: "Oh?" I couldn't suppress a mild sense of intrigue. It wasn't surprising that the two most influential figures in Class D were planning something, likely an initiative to enhance our class performance. But why involve me?