Chapter 15 - Collecting the Idiot Trio

Kiyotaka POV

The morning sun streamed through the classroom window, casting long shadows across the rows of unoccupied desks. Its golden rays illuminated the room, revealing the meticulous design of the architecture. Over my time at this school, I've developed an appreciation for the subtle nuances that most people overlook—the intricate patterns, the deliberate placement of objects, the carefully chosen paintings that enhance the atmosphere. Even the windows, perfectly sized and crystal clear, are part of this deliberate aesthetic. They provide an unobstructed view, regardless of the time of day.

To many, this window might appear beautiful. They'd enjoy the scenery without delving into the deeper meanings behind it. But what truly fascinates me is the attention to detail, the hidden messages embedded in the design. Most people pass by without noticing, never realizing the meticulous effort that goes into creating an environment meant to inspire. Perhaps that's part of the charm. Those who would appreciate the beauty the most often miss the intricate details, preserving the aura of awe and mystery.

I've spent the majority of my life in an environment devoid of colors. The white room, where I was raised and trained, was intentionally sterile, a place where every detail was meticulously controlled by the instructors. The colors, materials, and even the spacing were all carefully chosen to create an oppressive atmosphere. To others, it might have felt suffocating, but to me, it was just life as usual. I've grown up accustomed to this lack of sensory stimuli, and colors have never held any special significance for me. They are nothing more than combinations of light, devoid of any emotional or aesthetic impact.

Experiencing the vibrant colors of the outside world has been a curious journey for me. I don't perceive them as beauty or art; rather, I view them as scientific phenomena—interactions of light and matter. While I can appreciate the effort and thought put into architectural designs, I don't experience the emotional response that others might have. I understand the concept of art, its creation, and its appreciation, but on a fundamental level, I'm unable to grasp its essence. It's a part of life that I've lost, a facet of human experience that eludes me. Perhaps one day, I'll be able to fully comprehend and appreciate it, but for now, I remain an observer, appreciating the world in my own unique way.

I shift my gaze to Kushida, whom I had asked to meet me this morning. However, there are also those even more oblivious to their surroundings. They not only miss the beauty around them but fail to understand it on a fundamental level. They lose the chance to grasp the essence of beauty. These are the individuals who occupy the lowest rung in our society—the unproductive ones, the ones who are essentially dead weight. These individuals, these delinquents, represent the unfortunate low lives of Class D.

It's in a way ironic that now I was the one to call Kushida to the classroom of Class D to talk, when previouslt it was her who had waited for me here early in the morning. Althouhg today is a weekend, the parrelels are most certainly present within the situation. However unlike then, today I am in control of the discussion. I am the one who has the cards. I had messaged er to meet here the day prior to discuss some issues I had. Issues that I could not be bothered to deal with. Of course she didn't know that.

Kushida: "Ayanokoji, what prompted you to ask me to be here?" Kushida's voice exuded its usual vibrancy and enthusiasm. Her body language was a dance of deliberate gestures, each movement synchronized with her carefully chosen words. She wasn't a person to entertain abstract curiosity; instead, she was resolutely focused on her desires. Her motives may superficially align with mine, but they differ fundamentally. After all, I'm not one to be careless.

Kiyotaka: "I wanted to discuss the study groups with you."

Kushida: "Oh, right! Weren't we planning to start them tomorrow?" She tilted her head slightly, feigning a touch of confusion.