CHAPTER SIX

[Later back in the Leaky Cauldron, Hagrid and Harry, are at a long table, eating soup. Everything is too quiet, Hagrid soon notices this.]

HAGRID: You all right, Harry? You seem very quiet.

HARRY: He killed my parents, didn't he? The one who gave me this. You know, Hagrid. I know you do.

"It's horrible for a child to say something like this." Molly spoke sadly, feeling horrible for what Harry had gone through.

Lily hugged her son once again, trying her best not to sob into his shoulder. To her, she's failed as a mother. She wasn't there for her son, and that resulted in him having a horrible childhood.

HAGRID[sighs and pushes his bowl away] First, and understand this, Harry, 'cause it's very important. Not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad. A few years ago, there was one wizard who went as bad as you can go. And his name was V-...his name was V-...

"Ten galleons he says it." Fred bet, turning to his uncle Fabian.

"Sure, but prepare to loose your money kid." He snickers, yet Fred smirks.

HARRY: Maybe if you wrote it down?

HAGRID: No, I can't spell it. All right. [quietly] Voldemort.

"Your joking."

"My galleons, my good sir."

Ginny slapped her brother behind the head for betting at such a somber time.

HARRY: Voldemort?

HAGRID: Shh!!

[Harry looks around to see if anyone heard it]

HAGRID: It was dark times, Harry, dark times. 

[We flash over to a flashback on the night at Godric's hollow, consisting off a cloaked man walking towards a house, breaking in with his wand, and proceeding to terrorize. Hagrid narrates.]

People gasp as they recognise who was inside the cloak.

HAGRID: Voldemort started to gather some followers, brought 'em over to the dark side. Anyone that stood up to him ended up dead. Your parents fought against him, but nobody lived once he decided to kill 'em. 

[Harry's mother, Lily, screams in pain as she is killed by Voldemort's wand. Green flashes are seen from the windows outside the house. Then, we see Voldemort pointing his wand at an infant Harry Potter's head.]

James closes his eyes shut, refusing to watch the scene. His Lily and his Harry, on the opposite side of Voldemort's wand. It won't happen again. He promised himself, he will not allow it to happen again.

Lily held James's hands tightly, just imagining the worst as the scene plays.

HAGRID: Nobody, not one. ‘Cept you.

[We flash back to the present time.]

HARRY: Me? Voldemort tried to kill me?

"A baby!?" Bellatrix Lestrange yelled, appalled by the actions of the so called lord she was supposed to worship.

Others just like her voiced out angrily, wondering why he would go after a child.

HAGRID: Yes. That ain't no ordinary cut on your forehead, Harry. A mark like that only comes from being touched by a curse, and an evil curse at that.

"Oh poor Harry." Some kid whispered.

HARRY: What happened to V... to You-Know-Who

HAGRID: Well, some say he died. Codswallop in my opinion. Nope, I reckon he's out there still, too tired to carry on. But one thing's absolutely certain. Something about you stumped him that night. That's why yer famous. That's why everybody knows yer name. You're the boy who lived.