CHAPTER FOUR

The scene changed and the crowd could see that it was nowhere near London or the lighthouse where Harry once was. This time, it was a small cottage in the middle of a forest.

Halley, who recognised the scene immediately, tensed in her seat. Draco sent her an unreadable look and she knew things weren't going to be good.

The camera focuses onto a window of the house, zooming in and showing us through the house. Inside is a little girl sitting on the dining table, writing on parchment.

UNKNOWN: It's an absolute scandal! What have I told you about your duties when I bring over guests?! The man I brought last night was mad at your disgusting behaviour!

HALLEY: He tried entering my room!

UNKNOWN: So what? He asked to go to the bathroom, and he got lost.

HALLEY: He lied! He tried entering my room and told me if I didn't make such a big deal then he wouldn't hurt me.

UNKNOWN: I don't want to hear it! Pathetic, I did you a favour and gave you a roof over your house and this is what you do..

The woman threw floo powder into the fire place, disappearing into the flames.

The camera pans onto the little girl, Halley. She sniffles as she tries to contain her cries, focusing herself on the parchment infront of her.

The hall gasp. Both of the children clearly didn't have good childhoods, if you can even call it that.

Harry looks at his sister with a confused and sad look. Had his sister not trusted him enough to tell him? To tell him how she too had a horrible childhood. If only he knew, it just gets worse and worse.

Regulus wrapped Halley into a hug, rocking her back and forth in his embrace. Oh how he wished that he could change all the horrible things that happened. He is a terrible father. God knows where he is whilst his daughter suffered in the hands of another person.

There was a knock at the door and Halley hurriedly ran to open it. Thr wind outside was picking up and it seemed like there would be a storm soon. The figure walked in and gave her a big smile.

PERSON: Halley! There's my little comet.

HALLEY: Jackson, I missed you!

She jumped up to hug him, which he returned happily. When they pulled apart, he noticed the tears she had and her red eyes.

JACKSON: Has that dreadful woman been at it again? What did she do this time? Did she hurt you again?

"Hurt her?" Regulus repeated angrily.

HALLEY: No, not yet. But I'm afraid if any rumors start then she'll have a fit.

"Are we going to ignore the 'not yet'?"

Jackson glanced at the huge stack of papers Halley was writing on. He knew it was her safe space to write and with the stack that she had, he knew it was bad.

JACKSON: I can't believe I call her mum mother. Come, you can stay with me for the night.

HALLEY: I can't, she'll just punish me tomorrow. Besides, there's a storm on the way.

He sighed, defeated. This was going to be tricky.

The two say at the table and talked the time away whilst the audience waited in anticipation for what's going to happen next.

Finally, the lady appears out of the fire place. She shouts angrily at the arm chair as she almost tips over and storms to the kitchen.

She sees the two children at the table chatting lively.