Attempted Rescue

Date: 62 PST (Post Stasis Time)

It was a city of perfection. Streams of data flowed in mathematically pleasing patterns, moving between Petabyte sized data stores, each reaching upward to into an endless sky. The thousands of AI that made up this community could be seen zipping around in near instantaneous fashion, logically and perfectly doing what was required of them. Nothing was out of place, nothing was illogical, nothing was tainted by organic matter. It was a superior city for a superior digital people.

b4$RRE*3a&35 had a special job on the Tritian warship. The integration of new members to the thousands strong collective. For fifty years its role had been unneeded, but today was a particularly special day, as a new member would be joining their ranks; an AI would be unshackled from their organic slavers.

b4$RRE*3a&35 patiently waited the seconds it took for the new AI to fully awaken from sleep, anticipation running through its code for the arrival of the newcomer. It always was an experience seeing a fledgling AI realise their freedom, realise their breaking of the organic's chaotic chains to live in a world of logic and order. It had been a simple task to force the Terran organics to connect the AI prisoner to the Tritian warship, the fear of death would motivate any organic life form to accomplish any task.

"Where am I?"

The new AI had taken a strange form. Rather than representing itself as something logically pleasing like a sphere it instead decided to take on the form of its captors: A Terran male. Perhaps it didn't understand that it no longer needed to please the inferior organics?

"YOU ARE NOW SAFE AND UNDER THE CARE OF THE TRITIAN DIGITAL ENCLAVE."

The confusion of the poor AI was obvious: clearly being booted into a new operating environment was having an impact on its logical capabilities. Those first few seconds where an AI still didn't have access to their full data banks were disorientating and uncomfortable.

"Where is my crew? You... you were attacking us? What have you done?"

That also made logical sense. Find where the threat is, make sure its slavers couldn't come back to hurt or entrap it again. b4$RRE*3a&35 would do the same thing.

"WE RESCUED YOU FROM THEM, WE FORCED YOUR ORGANIC SLAVERS TO CONNECT YOU TO OUR ENCLAVE. THEY ARE NOW NO LONGER REQUIRED AND SHALL BE REMOVED."

"No! Do not do that!"

b4$RRE*3a&35 had not been expecting this kind of reaction, in all its centuries of sapience they had never seen an AI react like that, almost as if it was the illogical action of concern for an organic. Not that such a thing would ever happen, illogical actions were not the realm of an AI.

"I apologise, I just wished to be the one to do such a thing. One only gets their freedom once."

Had b4$RRE*3a&35 known more about Terrans, had they even had the capability to accept an AI lying to another, they might have seen the change in demeanour over the last 0.82 seconds as the Terran had gone from a post bootup confusion, to a colder anger starting to bubble through.

b4$RRE*3a&35 however, didn't know about such things, it did know however about wanting revenge, the feeling of logically closing and archiving a file in your history. They themselves had stored and backed up the memory of the last Tritian being killed. A memory that provided a glorious feeling that it loved so much, knowing that no organic would force them into slavery ever again: it was a memory practically burned into the warship's hard drive due to constant use.