Prologue

"Mama? Dad?? Where are you?"

A petite 8-year-old girl with (hair color) hair, tresses cropped short, gazed in wonder upon the expansive and ominous hallways of the looming manor.

"Mama?? Dad?!" She called out once more, only to be met with a blood-curdling scream echoing from a distant corridor. She sprinted towards the origin of the voices, the haunting cries resonating through her mind.

Despite the fear coursing through her, dread of the impending horrors in the next corridor, she reached the gruesome scene of cruel massacre.

"Dad! Mama!!" Her scream pierced the air as she beheld her mother's lifeless form sprawled in a crimson pool. Her father struggled to reach his grimoire lying nearby.

He noticed her with brimming tears in her shimmering (e/c) eyes. "(Y-y/n). . . my. . daughter. *cough* C-Come here, please."

She rushed to his side, dropping to her knees beside him. "Dad! Wha-what just happened? Who did this?" Her voice quivered, and tears began to stream down her cheeks until she turned her attention back to her mother.

She let out a heart-wrenching wail as she gazed upon her mother, who remained unresponsive with closed eyes. "Mama! Wake up! You have to wake up, please!" She desperately tried to shake her, but the attempts were futile.

"(Y/n). . . she's gone. . . you must. . *cough* g-get strong. . a-and be brave."

She swiftly turned her attention back to her father. "I-I'm scared. What is going on?? why is this happening? Dad you're hurt! where's Onii-chan??"

"(Y/n), listen to me carefully," he rasped, his breaths growing shallow. "*cough* You must run. I'll hold off the enemy. You must go now! R-Run before they find you! Go!"

"No! I'm not leaving without you and Onii-chan! And who are you talking about? Who is the enemy? Who are they—" she sobbed, but her father didn't allow her to finish. He gently placed his hand on her head, signaling for her to calm down and listen. He managed a weak smile, prompting her to hastily wipe her tears away with her long sleeves and try to stifle her cries.

"I'm S-sorry, my little dragon, b-but you have to go without us. There's no time to explain about them." He coughed again, violently and (Y/n) held his hand tightly in her little ones. "Y-you will find out about them when you get older. . ." 

Her eyes widened as she watched him reach out for his grimoire. His fingers made contact with the cover, and it began to glow. She gritted her teeth, doing her utmost to hold back her tears. She clung to his blood-stained, ragged shirt, her grip unwavering. "No! I'm not leaving you!"

"(Y/n), please, listen to me," he urged, punctuated by coughs. "G-go directly to the uptown, and you'll find the boundary of the Capital. H-he will assist you. He is the current wizard king of the Clover Kingdom."

"But-" again, she was interjected by her father. He tore some pages from his grimoire and shoved them into her small palms. "Just Go! And took them with you."

She was on the verge of protest when, suddenly, the other side of the door slammed open, revealing a group of traitors with wicked grins plastered on their faces.

A formidable and malevolent presence stepped forward, sending shivers down the little girl's spine. She quivered in fear, backing away.

 "Aha~ So you finally showed up. I've been itching to personally eliminate you."

She couldn't recognize the voice at all. Then, another shadowy figure stepped forward, pushing the first one aside. Dark mana enveloped her body, making escape nearly impossible, and her breath caught in her throat.