Chap 9 - Join my Squad! - II

Narrator

'If you couldn't decide on a squad, I'll choose one for you.'

(Y/n) recalled Julius's words as she glanced at the captains, who were all eagerly awaiting her response. She let out a sigh, realizing the weight of her decision. 'I gotta choose wisely, but. . .'  Her gaze shifted between the captains.

'I can't make a choice right now! Not in front of all of them! Choosing one means disappointing the others. I don't want to make anyone upset here. What should I do??'

William noticed her nervousness and smiled slightly stepping closer.

"I think it's a bit too overwhelming for her, so, why not make it easier for her?" As he said, the captains nodded in agreement.

William turned his attention back to her with a small genuine smile that made her less tensed. "If you'd like, you can visit our squads and spend some time with each of the captains. . . As for Magic knights Captains, the first one to convince her will be chosen by (Y/n) to join his or her squad." William suggested.

"It's a deal." Yami and Fuegleone agreed in union.

"I have no choice but to agree with this idea." Charlotte spoke and smiled slightly as she looked at (Y/n).

"No objections." Stated the proud Nozel.

"I'll just agree." Said the Captain of Purple Orcas while Dorothy, the Captain of Coral Peacocks nodded in her sleeping state.

"Woohoo! This is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to spend time with the adorable (Y/n)! I'll create tons of paintings for you, and you're definitely coming to visit my mansion! I'm getting so excited! It's a date!" Rill, the youngest of all the squad captains, exclaimed with an exuberant grin. He rushed forward without a care and hugged her tightly.

(Y/n) blushed in embarrassment at his declaration, though she knew he didn't mean it in a romantic way, but it was still awkward for her. "O-Oi! That's not what he meant by spending time together! Come on, you're four years older than me, and you're a captain, so act like a captain!" She exclaimed, trying to push him away as he held onto her like a plush toy.

"Ohh! I know! You want me to act like gentleman, right? Then I'll be one for ya!" Rill grinned letting her go and she hopped away keeping a safe distance away from him.

"I didn't mean-ugh." She couldn't help but face-palm at his idiocy. Jack and William chuckled slightly in the background.

"I think it would be wise for you to act a bit more maturely, especially considering your role as a Captain and squad leader. To truly fulfill that role, you should learn to handle certain situations with a more serious approach."

"Well said, little Firecracker. Now let this battle among the captains, begin! Keke!"

"Heh. You mean the competition, idiot."

"Keke, it's going to be a war among the magic knights' captains, Yami fool!"

"Bring it on then!"

"Keke!"

(Y/n) scooted away from them with a sweat drop. "I believe that I'm going to die in this war. . ." she muttered in sarcasm.

"Don't worry, I will protect you." Fuegleone and Nozel stated simultaneously before exchanging glances in silent competition.

"Nope! You'll be safe if you come with me~!" Rill grabbed onto her arm from behind, catching her off guard. "Eh?! Hey, wait!"

"Let's gooo~" Rill took out his paint brush with his grimoire floated up beside him. "No, you're not taking her anywhere." Charlotte declared and pulled (Y/n) away from Rill by her long whip made of vines.