Chap 18 - Shifting

Special Update! ^^

Hi readers! It's actually my birthday today so I thought to surprise you guys instead with an early update. I hope you like it.

Please vote and feedback, I'd be happy to get more inspiration through your response. I do enjoy reading your comments. Thank you for your patience. 

Happy Reading~

~Robyn.

* * * * *

"What in the world was that?"

The Diamond mage lay unconscious, and the mineral binding spell had broken. Klaus and Luck were free to move.

Yuno and (Y/n) were stunned on their spot while staring at the fallen mage with wide eyes, still processing what just happened.

As soon as Klaus got down on his feet, he started inquiring Yuno approaching him while Luck cheered alongside (Y/n), snapping her out of trance.

"That was awesome! What kind of spell did you guys used?? A combination spell or something?"

(Y/n) glanced at excited Luck who was hopping around cheerfully like a little bunny. "I don't know." (Y/n) answered with a distant voice, musing.

"There was this tiny person, I think?" Yuno tried to explain but trailed off while Klaus placed his palm over his shoulder.

"You must be exhausted. You should take it easy now, we'll have plenty of time to discuss about it later." Klaus told him before glancing at (Y/n). "You too, (Y/n)."

(Y/n) nodded slowly, still wondering about those Sylphs and what the red-haired one had said. 'Why did he call me Milady though?'

She shrugged and brushed away the confusing thoughts. Yuno noticed the strange inscriptions in his grimoire that weren't there before and thought, 'Is this from the scroll?' He then turned to look at (Y/n), who had a concerned expression as she looked at the wounded Asta.

The weird sword that Asta had found was automatically drawn back into his grimoire, and an ancient inscription appeared on the pages, much like Yuno had observed in his own grimoire.

Suddenly, the dungeon started to tremble, and the ceiling began to crumble, with massive blocks falling to the ground.

"Well, that's just great." Klaus muttered sarcastically as a boulder crashed down behind him.

"It's going to collapse!" Yuno and (Y/n) warned them, and Yuno swiftly conjured an ark made of his wind magic for their escape. "Everybody, get on!" he exclaimed.

Klaus quickly hopped on, while Luck took Asta and Mimosa, helping them aboard. (Y/n) grasped Noelle's arm assisting her and mounted on Yuno's ark. "We have to get out of here before the exit gets blocked!" she urgently informed them.

"Right. Mimosa, look after Asta." Yuno instructed Mimosa, and she nodded. "I will."

"W-wait." Asta woke up and struggled while trying to speak, his voice coming out raspy and weak. "You. . . you got to-"

"Please, Asta, don't speak." Mimosa insisted trying to focus on healing him.

Asta looked at (Y/n) and Yuno, continuing. "You. . . got to. . .help. . . him too."

"Huh? What're you saying, Asta?? Did you forget that he was trying to kill us?" Klaus said but Asta refused.

"We were sent here. . .argh. . t-to protect . . .the dungeon's treasure. . . to keep the things safe. . . n-not to kill. . .ugh!"