IX. Suspicious

AFTER ELIAS FINISHED TALKING, he mounted the horse next to him. The only time he rode a horse was when he took a basic horse-riding lesson during a school trip, but it was too slow to find Richard on foot now.

Fortunately, Elias's body remembered how to ride a horse, so he skillfully took the reins.

"Let's go." Elias said as he kicked the horse in the ribs. The horse ran straight ahead upon his command.

"Young Master!" The knights were surprised by his sudden action.

Elias heard them calling him, but he didn't look back. 'They'll surely follow me to protect me.' After all, he was a precious pawn to Albert. He believed that the knights would never let him get hurt.

As Elias galloped into the forest, the knights followed him as expected.

'In the original story, Richard would live well until he became a father to Hades...'

However, there were many variables that could change the original story.

The fact that he possessed Elias's body might be one of the variables that could make the future deviate from the original story. No one knew where and to what extent the original story would change.

It was when Elias and the knights were wandering in the forest for a long time looking for Richard...

'Wind?'

A strong wind from the inner part of the forest disheveled Elias's hair.

'This... is Richard's wind!' Elias kicked the horse's side one more time and turned the reins toward the left.

"This way!"

Elias and the knights followed the direction of the wind into the forest. The wind grew stronger as they went in. Eventually, even Elias, who was riding a horse, was shaken.

'Something must've happened to Richard.' Elias's mind grew anxious.

He rode the horse faster. Being closer to the center of the wind, the strong wind caused Elias's slightly long hair to become messy and blocked his view.