XIII. Training

ELIAS TOOK A STEP AHEAD, looked up at the child who was taller than him, and said, "It's good."

"...What?"

"You asked me how I felt about living with Richard, so I said it's good."

Embarrassed by Elias's unexpected reaction, the child faltered and took a step back.

Then Elias took a step further and asked. "Then I'll ask you a question. Do you guys enjoy this lousy conversation? How dare you badmouth someone who's not here while laughing?"

"What? Lousy? Do we talk about something nonsense? It's all true. He's the son of a prostitute, and he used to be a mercenary!"

"Really? If you're so proud of your conversation, why don't you try talking like that in front of adults?"

Some of the Nobles on the Emperor's side were inclined toward Rubelin after witnessing Richard's ability at the royal hunting ground. Some of the children's parents already switched to Albert's side. And even if they stayed on the Emperor's side, none of them could fully antagonize Rubelin.

"You've become so arrogant since the incident at the royal hunting ground." said a silver-haired girl, who was looking at Elias quietly.

She was the one whom Elias heard talking at the balcony a while ago. Rose. Elias recognized her name. 'Christian wife and the stepmother of the male lead.' Now, she was still Christian's fiancée, and perhaps she was the leader of that group of children.

As Elias expected, another child came forward as if to defend Rose. "Oh dear, I guess you don't know because you've only been in the Longerin estate until recently, but Rose is the esteemed daughter of the Marquis of Felice. She's the fiancée of the Crown Prince, who will rule this empire in the future. Mind your manners!"

"So?"

"Did you just say 'so'?"

"She's still Rose Felice anyway. I'm Elias Rubelin." Elias deliberately emphasized the words 'Felice' and 'Rubelin'. Then he looked straight into Rose's eyes and asked, "Do you still not know who actually needs to mind his manners, Lady Rose Felice?"