14 - A long Night

Important question before we start reading:

————————
AUTHORS'POV

"Papa...i..", Nirmaan puts his hand Nimmi's head caressing her hair. "You don't have to say anything, I know", he looked at her daughter. Nimmi hugged her father's shoulder as she pouted, "I don't wanna go anywhere. I want to be with you", and Nirmaan chuckled at it.

"I know my Nimbu you love your Nirma the most. But....", he turned a little to look at her as she looked up. "There is always a time when you have to leave everything behind and start a new chapter of your life.", "so does that mean you only pretended when I was leaving for Lucknow. You don't LOVE me DO you.", Nimmi turned to other side with her arms crossed.

"You know when I got the news of you coming in our lives I couldn't stop my tears. I was so adamant to be careful about your mother during those nine months. When your mother asked me if I want a son or daughter, I knew I always wanted a princess who will be a queen someday.", Nimmi's eyes got welled up as she got stiffed but did not turn to look.

"You're not just a daddy's princess. You are a true royalty. Because you have a heart of gold. You think about others before yourself. You had everything served in front of you in a silver platter but you decided to make your own way. I know you want to do your MD with your own earned money.", Nimmi looked up in shock.

"How did you..?", "I'm your father Nimmi. Do you really think you can hide such a thing from me?", Nirmaan said being proud of him. "I'm sorry for..",

"Don't apologise, Infact I'm proud of you.", he smiled. "So what I'm trying to say is. I trust you. Whatever your decision might be. I'll support you because I know you will never do anything wrong and never let me down. You are my Pride."

"As for choosing Vikram.", he made a face relaxing a little and putting his weight on his palms. Nimmi looked him suspicious, "He's okay looking", and Nimmi raised her brow and Nirmaan looked her. "Fine..", He whined.

"He good looking, successful and ..", "and..", Nirmaan sat back and held Nimmi's hands, "he respects my daughter.", "I'm sure your mother would have told this but I still wanna say it. If a man is making an effort to call at a girls house to ask for their permission. That means he is not playing around, he wants to be the best person in your life. And as a man I can confirm that."

"And that's one of the reasons I hate him. He's too good and I can't find any reason to reject him.", Nimmi giggled seeing her father's face. "And what would be the other reason?", "That he is an inch taller than me.", Nirman looked his daughter with a side eye and Nimmi also did setting her glasses. They both burst out laughing.

"Ho gaya dono ka?(Are you both done?), Subi came out from behind the pillar. Listening to all their conversation. "Mumma, not fare", Nimmi complained. "What not fair ? You guys always let me out of you secret conversations.", Nirmaan held her hand and helped her sit on the other side.

For next half an hour, all three of them just had their sweet family talk with both parents catching up with their daughter first week experiences and how she met Vikram and also giving a little hint of Kartik and Ananya's not so official something.

"Oh I love you both so much.", Nirmaan said  with a content smile, taking both of them in a hug. "We love you more",both mother daughter said in a unison and laughter spread across.

Vikram was in his room all alone looking out to the sky through his large window lying on his bed with his one arm tucked under his head. The sky was full of clouds and rain was pouring non stop. He left the decision completely on Nimmi to whatever she decides. Vikram didn't say anything because he didn't wanted her to go on a guilt trip or feel pressurized by his words. If he said anything Nimmi might feel guilty for rejecting her after knowing his truth.

Yes the truth. There was a past that Vikram held, the past that he could never get away with. A past that he had to share with Nirmaan before taking any decision. He told him everything that he ever had to go through. And if after that Nimmi still rejected him, he won't be shocked.

Though Nirmaan knew it all but he also knew it wasn't his place to say anything and your past does not define who you are today. Even after knowing everything he selected him for his daughter. Definitely he saw something in that man. It was not the right time to let the truth out just yet.

Nimmi went to her room after saying good night and lied back when she saw a message from "Vikram!?", Nimmi got stiff for a second not understanding what to say. Nimmi took long deep breaths. "Really ...it's all okay, it's not big of a deal."

Nimmi clicked the notification and got into the chat.

Vikram
Hey, hope you're doing okay

I know I should have said something but I wanted you to talk to your father before. I hope you'll take your decision wisely.

Nimmi
Hii

Nimmi waited for him to say something while Vikram was waiting for her to say something else.

Finally giving up she huffed and taking a seat on her bed she decided to message.

"Mr Vicks ki Goli, stop ignoring me. And yes I have talked to papa. Can we meet?",

Vikram turned to look at his phone after hearing the Ping. Picking up he read her message and chuckled inwardly reading his new name. The way she said it, felt like everything was fine or maybe she wasn't really interested to care about anything. He replied asking if she wants to meet Tomorrow afternoon as it was her day off and he'll be free from his work by afternoon and they both decided to meet at 2 o'clock amd Vikram would pick her up.

Vikram was definitely nervous so was Nimmi. Both were worried to what other might say. They were sure about their own decisions but got know idea what the other person might be thinking.

This night was gonna be a long one for them. Tomorrow they were gonna take a decision that could Change their lives for good or something bad.

Nimmi changed her clothes as she took one last look of them, remembering Vikram as a blush formed on her face and shyly she puts them away closing her closet.
——————————
BAs itna hi rest will be tomorrow.

What do you think will they decide tomorrow and what's so deep about Vikram's past?

Do you think it will affect Vikram and Nimmi's relationship later?

Will she Judge Vikram after that or She'll be understanding person and will try to put herself on his place?

When I ask too many questions and leave too much suspense for my readers

Le readers:😂