70 - Leaving Behind

VIKRAM's POV

I was shattered in that moment. My whole life was a lie. It was hard enough for me to accept that I was an orphan when a light of hope came to my life. A stranger whom I never saw but whom I made an important part of my life.

My Angel was next close thing what made me feel home, feel Maa. But, I was was soo stupid to believe.

If your own family, your own father can't accept you, love you who can a damn stranger can?

I felt like a complete idiot. As if I'm standing at the podium and whole world is mocking me. Everything started fading away. Words went deaf, vision got blurry, my Begum who was holding my hand didn't feel warm anymore.  Even this damn room felt too small to breath.

I shrugged her hand off and stromed out of the room. Kicking the door open I left. I was not able to hear anymore of whatever those two people wanted to say.

At this point my mind was shut, completely blank. The darkness was taking over me like night without moon. Suddenly Everything felt like a lie.

"Ahhhh...!!!!!! Ahhhh!!!!", I fell on my knees. The weight of all betrayals were too much. But above all the only woman I trusted my whole life came out as the biggest mistake of my life.

"Ram..", a soft delicate and breaking voice called my name.

I don't know since when she was standing there. But when she called my name everything stopped. I pulled her to my chest. Just the feel of her made my thoughts pause.

"I...I..why me...?", she didn't let me say anymore. "Don't Ram...never question because all you'll get is more pain. I know it will hurt like hell.", Nimmi wipes the tears away that I  didn't knew were there.

The pain in her eyes was no different from mine. Hell, maybe more. "These people don't deserve a single tear. So don't waste it for them.", She was right. "Till when? And for who?", I was done now. "You are right.", I wiped away our tears.

"This was it. From today no more crying. I won't let these disgusting people get away with hold on my life. They don't deserve an ounce of my hurt and pain."

Nimmi gave a tiny smile. I know she was happy that I was standing strong but at the same time she knew that doesn't heal in one day.

"Let's go inside.", She held my hand and stood.

"Wait..", i had to tell her. I couldn't meet her eye. I had a guilt in me maybe that's why.

She looked down still holding my hand.

I took a deep breath gathering up the courage. "You ....you..YOU WERE'NT RAPED.", it took everything in me to say it. Still I couldn't see up . I don't know what she will think of me now?

I pulled my hand back but just when I was about to take away her hold got tight in me. Suddenly the coldness turned into warmth that I wished.

Now I had to look up. When I did I was just frozen, not knowing how to react or expect.

She wasn't saying anything which was just scaring the hell out of me. But I could ask her, I had no courage to even ask her. "Does she hate me? Is she mad at me? Will she leave me?"

"I should have told you. I was a big mistake.", "No it wasn't.", she cut me off but her words did more. Why would she say something like that.

Maybe she understood my agony ,

"If you'd have told me everything before I might not have come back thinking you accepted me only because I'm still the pure as you wanted. Thinking that you came that I'm not raped or having a pity on me. And Ram...", Nimmi intertwined our fingers.

"In all these months I've learned one thing and that is ....you can never hurt me. Even if you're hide something from me it's for my own good and I will never question your decision. So if you didn't tell me the truth then I trust your decision because I trust YOU.", Nimmi gave a small smile.

How did I ever got so lucky to have her in my life. My Begum turned out to be the answer to all the prayers in my life.

I didn't say anything. I don't want to. Because I think sometimes silence says it all. And all that I didn't say she heard it clear. Because there was a shine in her eyes that said it all.

We both started walking in when both Mom and dad were walking towards us with Khushi by their side.

Before anyone could say anything I spoke, "I don't want to know anything what they said. All I want to know is, did you get the proof you needed.", I asked no one in perticular.

"We got all the recordings we needed. Hell, I got it broadcasted live on news channel so now the whole country knows.", Khushi's snorted folding her arms.

"GOOD FOR THEM.", I was not interested in knowing about what was going to happen with them nor do I care.

"Let's go from here.", Nimmi saw my discomfort and said.

"We all decided to leave and Khushi and Nirmaan papa were talking about the next step they need to take.

We were driving on our way back to palace. Honestly? With every second of leaving the place behind the weight on my heart was getting lighter.

It felt like a woosh of fresh air taking away all the clouds and letting the sun shine bright after hiding behind the dark clouds.

I could see the same calmness in my Begum's eyes through the rare view mirror. She was lost in her thoughts seeing out of the window but her eyes held a smile that was lost  for months.

Her lips curved up with the solance in heart. I saw her holding her mothers hand like a little child feeling safe and wants the warmth.

Things were finally falling back into place. Our bond might have gotten stronger but it was missing that essence of love and giddiness she always dreamt of and I was gonna give her every ounce of it.

A sly smile curved my lips as I remembered our pool conversation. "This is gonna be a Fun night."