Part 1

Warnings: 

historical and societal implications are pretty dark, regarding omegas as a minority
light, undetailed allusions to abuse
forcing secondary gender presentation
anxiety out the ass
excessive use of omegaverse terms such as omega, alpha, beta, pheromones, scent, etc.
small amount of masturbation smut

*̩̩̥˚̩͙⚛ ͙*̩̩̥˚̩͙

Jisung wished he had never presented.

His life was fine- great, even. He loved his school, his friends, and even his classes to some extent. He loved the freedom he had in life. His parents were so sure that he'd present as an alpha, since his mother's genetic line tended to solely carry alphas in pregnancy- and that was a good thing.

Alphas had respect. If there was a food chain, they were at the top of it. It was a lot... lighter on that side of the meadow, so to speak.

Alphas weren't at risk for a lot of targeted crimes like kidnapping. They weren't treated like trash or incubators. They could actually make something of themselves in life, because they were seen as strong leaders.

Omegas, on the other hand... politically, minorities' rights had evolved significantly across a large portion of the world- as long as you weren't an omega. Jisung watched two of his friends present as the latter secondary gender back in high school, and both of them sobbed through it for days.

Not because of the pain that came with presenting.

Because of the pain that would follow them for the rest of their lives.

Omegas had three purposes in the world- sexual pleasure, child-bearing, child-raising. They were seen as weak- emotionally and physically. They were dependent and not allowed to be in any sort of decision-making roles at home or in society.

The double standards were also a disgusting problem. Alphas were allowed to establish a relationship with betas... but omegas were not, because it means they would not be able to carry children. That was what their lives amounted to, so it was an unacceptable practice to fornicate with betas.

Relationships were decided for omegas. They had to be paired by parents, legal guardians, or authoritative figures for the best possible outcomes when it came to future children for society. Alphas were not forced to stay loyal to their mates- but omegas were. By law.

Alphas did not have to mate.

Omegas did. By law.

Underpopulation was too prominent of an issue in the last century, so the politics surrounding an omega's freedom only became more soul-crushingly biased as time went on.

Jisung's parents had spent his entire life preparing him to be an alpha. He was constantly undergoing different workout regimens, eating perfectly to gain stronger muscle mass, and learning everything he could about what being an alpha means:

Ruts, mating marks, breeding, knotting, obtaining a position of power, being a leader, scenting, etc. However, outside of political and societal views, he knew virtually nothing about what it meant to be an omega. His father tried to teach him secretly, early on, so he would know how to "respect" the weaker gender, but he was aggressively confronted for that decision by Jisung's mother- a domineering alpha with several companies under her hold and an excessive amount of influence and power under her belt.

His mother's family held 8 generations of pure alpha-breeding, so it was reasonably assumed that Jisung would be no different.

When he was 19, about a year late after his expected presentation, he started having a concerning amount of cramps and pain in his joints and stomach. Where he'd previously had perfectly toned abs, he started to grow a permanent, small bloated pouch at the bottom of his abdomen. He would cry through the pain and his mother would tell him to suck it up. Be a man. Be an alpha.