Part 3

*̩̩̥˚̩͙⚛ ͙*̩̩̥˚̩͙

"Mr. Bang" was on Minho's personal shit list. Over the following month, Minho and Jisung slowly began to talk just slightly more. Lunch breaks, chatting for a few minutes over coffee before heading back to their offices- they were getting somewhere. But this "Christopher Bang" was always coming to or calling Jisung's office and personal phone, and Minho had no idea why.

As an executive, himself, he figured he would be privy to some sort of information about the man- but he wasn't. No one had answers for him about who he was, including Jisung's assistant.

He'd meant to just ask Jisung directly, but never found the right time to inquire without it sounding awkward. Minho also had a tendency to severely overthink, when it came to the younger. He had found that out when he had spent days working up the courage to ask if Jisung just wanted to carpool to and from work, and the boy had shrugged, saying "Sure," without a second thought.

He just wanted Jisung to be comfortable with him- he didn't want to push the latter's boundaries or make him feel obligated to do anything just because he knew Jisung's "secret-" which they still had not discussed. The more time he spent with Jisung, the more these feelings and concerns amplified.

His inner frustration was brought to the surface when they were walking out to Jisung's car after a late night of work. His car was the only one left in the VIP parking lot level. Minho desperately tried not to show his excitement over the fact that Jisung was walking just a little closer to him- close enough for their arms to brush against each other during a few of their perfectly-synced steps.

Needless to say, when Jisung's phone started ringing, Minho had to hold back a small scowl of disappointment as the latter motioned that he would need a moment alone, and began creating distance between them as he answered.

Minho didn't want- or care- to listen until,

"Chris? Yeah, what's up? ...Ah, yes. I'm okay. Still nothing to be too worried about. Just some fatigue and discomfort here and there... Sure, yeah, I can come see you on Friday after work... Alone? Are you sure that's smart? ...I guess... Yeah, I trust you. It's fine... Thanks for always checking up on me... Yup. Friday around 6:30. See you then."

He hung up his phone and waltzed back over to Minho. "Sorry about that. You still ready to go?"

Minho stared at him somewhat blankly, trying to sort the thoughts floating around in his head at a rapid pace. Who is Christopher? Why do you need to see him Friday after work? Why does he always visit or call you? Why did you ask if it's smart to meet alone- are you safe? Why did you have to clarify that you trust him? 

Why can't I be someone you can open up to?

"No worries. I'm ready."

*̩̩̥˚̩͙⚛ ͙*̩̩̥˚̩͙

Three months.

Jisung had been pining after Minho as silently as he could for three months, once he realized that it wasn't just a sexual, physical, or hormonal omega response- he really liked Minho. They had started talking more after that day in the office, almost six months prior, and it took nearly three months for him to stop denying what he felt to himself.

It was getting increasingly difficult, watching as the older tried to get closer and closer to him.  He so badly wanted to give in. He wanted to cave- sit curled up next Minho and tell him everything, be able to talk to someone who wasn't Christopher-fucking-Bang about it. Let him in and see where things take them.

But he knew better.

There were several things that could be happening on Minho's end- none of which Jisung wanted to ask for clarification on. Minho could just be being friendly, with no other expectations or desire for more. Or, he could just be a stupid fucking alpha who feels the need to protect him.