☂ Chapter Fifteen ☂

A/N: I understand that I'm loosing readers because I don't update as often and I'm so sorry, I'm trying, I promise.

Cole walked over shakily, perching down beside me and pulled me into his chest, his chin resting on the top of my head as he kissed my face all over.

“Cole,” My voice cracked as the memories played through my head like home movies on a black canvas. It was like an open wound, throbbing, throbbing, throbbing.

We’re over.

“I thought I lost you,” he spoke into my hair, his hands tightening around me as I finally fell apart. All the strings had snapped, torn, broken. “You won’t ever do that again, will you Meg?” his eyes were pleading, but his voice was laced with desperation as though it was a question not a command. “If I’d lost you-“ but he never finished, cutting himself off as he shook his head refusing to think of it. "I love you," he whispered so firmly that my heart was panging. "I love you so god damn much Meg, you can't ever do anything like this again."

“I can’t promise anything,” I cried, pushing myself away from him.

He looked hurt, so much pain flashing through his eyes as Evie tried to come at me but Noah held her back “What do you mean you can’t promise anything?” she screamed, tears cascading down her face as Noah tried to shush her, pulling her into his arms. “Why are you doing this to me?” she shrieked, her eyes looked so tormented that I had to look away, because she was drilling a hole, right into my heart, making the hole there even bigger.

“We’re going to get through this,” Cole whispered, putting his palm on mine, while the other cupped my right cheek. He wiped his own tears away, chuckling lightly before leaning forward to kiss me and that feeling was there again, like being on cloud nine, where everything was absolutely perfect but then my eyes opened and it disappeared, nothing was normal, nothing was even close to being  normal. I didn't even know what normal felt like anymore.

“Don’t you dare even touch her,” Noah threatened, his eyes swirling with rage, shooting darts as he pressed a finger into Cole’s chest breaking the two of up. “You nearly killed her,” he spat, “Just get the fuck out of her life because I swear to god if anything ever happens to her again,” he took in a deep shaky breath trying to gain composure, “I will kill you.” he snarled through gritted teeth.

“I nearly killed you,” Cole repeated, his beautiful eyes pooling with tears. “That’s why I pushed you away Meghan,” he whispered. “Because I love you and can’t watch you be the punch bag when I have mood swings.” he murmured, his head bowed down his shame. "I'm so sorry." he whispered and I felt like I was drowning in his pain.

Taking his face into my hands I wiped his tears away, like he’d done to me the night I’d found out my parents had died. He’d sat with me in the hospital until sunrise because I was convinced that they would wake up. He’d been my rock; the rock that held me together and now it was my turn to make sure he didn’t fall apart, to make sure he didn’t blame himself for what I'd done because if he hurt himself I’d break; those had never been my intentions, I’d just wanted to get away, not to hurt anybody.

“I don’t know when I’m hurting you Meg,” he whispered sorrowfully. “It’s like one minute I’m me, head over heels for you and then the next second something’s taken control and there’s a Cole, who isn’t me and I can’t stop him.” he tried to explain, but he looked so innocent, so naive like he was trying to grasp it himself let alone explain it to somebody else.

“Cole?” Another voice came from the doorway, A man in a white coat walked in. Staring at the two of us, taking in the scene. “I’ll get another doctor to come and see you Meghan,” he smiled softly. “It’s a relief to see you’re alright.” His gaze averted back to Cole, “I believe we were in the middle of something Cole.” His tone changed to something more cryptic, what were they in the middle of and why was the doctor being so secretive?